Talk

Advanced search

Feeling v stressed. Paris trip turning into organisational nightmare. HELP!

(10 Posts)
mrspink27 Sun 10-Aug-08 01:38:06

Hoping to take dds 4 and 6 and DH to Paris in October. Now my motheer is also coming along (I must be mad!) We were thinking of going tuesday or wednesday by eurostar with DH joining us on Friday and all going back on Sunday. Right now I want to cry. I have been searching, trawling and googling for hours, hance the ridiculously stupid time to be awake searching for a bleeping hotel. My mother wants to be centrally based which obviously pushes price up a bit, and short of staying in an ant infested hotel or a room where one previous occupant only slept in the bed fully clothed so they didnt have to touch the sheets (Thanks Trip Advisor) or a hotel which requires nothing short of a lottery win I am at a complete loss. I have worked out that with travel points DH travel to and from is sorted, but the sheer logistics of finding a triple and a single, then a single and a quad or some other formula is now making my head hurt. This was supposed to be a cheap ( ish ) few days away as a treat for my DCs and mum (who is contributing). I have also looked at aparthotels and self catering appartments which is obviously less of a break for me... but I am drawing a blank every time.... HELP!!!!

NicMac Sun 10-Aug-08 08:09:36

I would try one of the big chains such as accord as they have lots of family rooms and several different brands in their chain. Good luck. Oh, the citea apartments are good, a tad far on the metro, but great value and very clean.

DaisyBuchanon Sun 10-Aug-08 08:14:48

It's a while since I was in Paris but the Metro was (then) efficient and no problem to use - I wouldn't get too hung up on the central location if that's pushing the price way up. If you need to spend a bit of time travelling within Paris I don't think that will spoil the trip (I'm assuming your mother is able-bodied etc).

There are some Paris based MNers - Anna88 and some others - so keep bumping this and hopefully you'll catch one.

mrspink27 Sun 10-Aug-08 09:28:35

Thanks Nic and Daisy, I gave up in the end last night, however even with fresh eyes this morning the case seems hopeless. Mum is able bodied- but does have some issues with walking long distance walking/ she has back problems... but these are sometimes dependant on her frame of mind hmm which is probably very uncharitable.

Will look at citea appartments. Thanks.

mrspink27 Sun 10-Aug-08 09:40:11

Citea has no available rooms sad

sarah293 Sun 10-Aug-08 09:45:20

Message withdrawn

SqueakyPop Sun 10-Aug-08 14:01:08

We stayed in Paris recently - all seven of us. We had a triple and quad room in a 3* hotel near the Arc de Triomphe.

We are really glad that we picked something central.

We found it on a site called www.venere.com

Ewe Sun 10-Aug-08 14:02:39

Try lastminute.com top secret hotels, we stayed in C.Paris for £85 in a 5 star hotel.

SqueakyPop Sun 10-Aug-08 14:03:33

I would not recommed Pigalle (the area around the Moulin Rouge) with children!

I rode on a bus through there in the evening with DS (16) and was for once wishing he had brought his DS.

sarah293 Sun 10-Aug-08 16:02:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now