Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a holiday - last week in October.

(15 Posts)
EustaciaVye Sat 09-Aug-08 22:04:04

Four people - me, DH and 2 DCs - 1.5 and 4.

I've been looking at Disneyland Paris for 3/4 nights and loved the explorer hotel but it was not available.

I also thought about the Canaries but wondered if it is was a bit far away. We havent travelled outside of the UK since having our 2nd child.

I've lest the will to live trawling though websites and I dont feel I'm getting anywhere.

Time can be 3-7 days, preferably 25/26 Oct onwards. Budget ideally under £1000, but could stretch a bit further if we had to.

Sorry if this looks like I'm being lazy. I'm just desperate for us to have a break but I'm too tired/hormonal/blah blah to think straight and find somewhere decent...

Thanks

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 22:07:53

Am on my way to bed (was supposed to be switching this thing off)!, but if I was you, would check those dates because it sounds like they could be around school holiday dates which always push the cost of the holiday up by quite a bit.

It also depends on what kind of holiday you want. Disneyland will be tiring, Canaries will be lovely and warm, more relaxing.

EustaciaVye Sat 09-Aug-08 22:10:24

Dd starts school in September so we are now tied to half term. Grrr.

DDs would like Disney, I would like Canaries. DH just wants us all to be happy.

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 22:15:28

this site is good

A friend of mine has used this before and I am sure it was quite reasonable. I have not got time to put any flights in, but I think you put these in first and then it will bring up a list of hotels for that area and then put the prices together.

I am going to bed now - jetlagged - got back from Florida this morning and I have not had any sleep today.

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 22:17:55

Depends where you are flying from.

We are planning to go the same week and what we are likely to do is get a flight from the one airline that does a selection of direct flights and then book a nice villa as at that time of year, most of them will be fairly cheap.

If you want anything warm but with a shortish flight then there is Cyprus, Portugal or the Canaries, we have been to lanzarote and can recommend it.

I would imagine that Paris could be fairly cold and miserable at that time of year, plus due to the exchange rate Eurodisney will be hideously expensive, anyone I have talked to said that it costs an arm and a leg to pay for a meal there.

Go for somewhere sunny and relaxing and bribe the DDs with toys and sweets, after all I can't imagine that a DD of 1.4 can be expressing much preference on where she goes, unless she is amazingly articulate.

EustaciaVye Sat 09-Aug-08 22:18:20

Thanks bellavita, especially when you are so tired. I'll take a look.

EustaciaVye Sat 09-Aug-08 22:28:38

Thanks rookie, hadnt thought about the exchange rate making it more expensive.

I feel like I need a hotel tbh as in a villa I'll be doing eveything I do here, but somewhere else. iykwim.

rookiemater Sun 10-Aug-08 11:05:15

Its maybe just me but I find hotel holidays more stressful with an under 3. Trying to make sure he sits still in the dining room for 5 minutes, not having a fridge for snacks and all having to sleep in the same room but I hope you find something good.

EustaciaVye Sun 10-Aug-08 12:00:48

You are probably right. I'm beginning to think we cant afford a holiday after all.

bellavita Sun 10-Aug-08 14:06:30

I have just done the "On the Beach" website - not sure where you need to fly from but I put in Manchester on the 25th October - it comes to just slightly over £1000 on a half board basis which I don't think is bad if you are on a budget.

have a look here

EustaciaVye Sun 10-Aug-08 14:08:40

Thanks Bellavita. Its a really good site.

I've had chat with DH and we've downsized our plans. We cant afford as much as I hoped for a holiday so we're going to do some UK day trips instead. Not quite the same but the kids will enjoy, I'm sure.

bellavita Sun 10-Aug-08 14:13:28

Tenerife, staying for 8 days
2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant
Your Flight

Flying out on 28 October 2008
Departs Manchester at 07:00
Arrives Tenerife South at 11:25
Reference: M564

Flying back on 5 November 2008
Departs Tenerife South at 20:10
Arrives Manchester at 00:25
Reference: M569
Special Offer
Flights Price:
2 adults x £226.00
1 children x £226.00
1 infants x £39.00
Flight price includes flight seat, passenger duty, fuel supplement and ticket on departure/delivery fee.
Flights Total: £717.00

Choose Alternative Flights

Your Hotel

Marino Tenerife
Costa Del Silencio
1 x Half Board, 2b. One Bedroom Apartment (2-4) Half Board
Hotel Total: £322.79

Change Hotel

Sorry - I meant to include this on my last post

Blondilocks Sun 17-Aug-08 21:01:45

I wouldn't recommend Portugal for the end of October. I went at the end of September last year and it wasn't very warm at all.

EustaciaVye Tue 19-Aug-08 09:19:00

Thanks all.

mumma2cjh Tue 19-Aug-08 09:24:39

Cyprus all the way for October.

* comfortably warm
* all hotels are good quality
* adore kids, babies
* excellent food
* drive on same side as UK
* No dire euro they have Cyprus Pounds
* lovely warm people,love the brits due to forces
* Hardly any crime
* try Paphos, Nissi Beach or Protarus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now