Talk

Advanced search

City Breaks

(10 Posts)
finallypregnant Fri 08-Aug-08 10:05:40

Can anyone recommend a good city break in December?

We've done Paris, Nice, Rome, Florence, Barcelona.

Twinkie1 Fri 08-Aug-08 10:09:48

Stockhom is lovely - bloody freezing in December but lovely none the less!

Twinkie1 Fri 08-Aug-08 10:10:00

Sorry Stockholm.

Soapbox Fri 08-Aug-08 10:14:11

Many of the places on your list are better visited in the Spring or Autumn, IMO. You won't see the best of them on a cold December day,

I would go for somewhere that is likely to be nice and Christmassy, e.g. NYC, Cologne (fab Christmas markets, Berlin

hf128219 Fri 08-Aug-08 10:21:46

St Petersburg is beautiful.

finallypregnant Fri 08-Aug-08 10:26:09

NYC WAY to expensive!

branflake81 Fri 08-Aug-08 11:10:26

Amsterdam? Won't be very warm but I really like it.

Laugs Fri 08-Aug-08 11:20:09

Soapbox, where else is particularly nice in winter?

DP and I getting married in Dec and looking for a short city beak for honeymoon. Would love NYC but prob too expensive.

Portofino Fri 08-Aug-08 11:35:49

Prague is lovely in the winter (one of my favourite places)and they will have the Xmas Markets. The Czech food is all lovely stodgy, warming winter stuff too.

Talking of the markets, the ones in Brussels, Bruges and Valkenburg are all lovely too.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 09-Aug-08 14:55:49

How about Milan? We visited in January a few years ago and it was perfect because hardly any tourists! But the cool weather made it so atmospheric and beautiful. I would hate to visit in the summer - must be a total 'mare.

Amsterdam would also be great. The American Hotel is a lovely place to stay and right in the centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now