Talk

Advanced search

Ok, so where will the sunshine in late September??

(17 Posts)
alfielooloo Tue 05-Aug-08 23:12:11

Want to take the DC away in September, where are we going to get some sun & family friendly things goimg on?

LadySweet Wed 06-Aug-08 12:01:55

Should still be sunny in Greece I would think, have been to Corfu, Cyprus and Crete in September and weather was niceResorts were a bit quieter though, especially Corfu.

alfielooloo Wed 06-Aug-08 12:19:15

Thanks LadySweet, have the resorts started closing things down then? Never been in September before & don't really want to go somewhere that is too quiet.

lilyloo Wed 06-Aug-08 12:20:47

Why don't you go to the canary islands ?

alfielooloo Wed 06-Aug-08 12:22:20

I have been looking at Canaries, some good deals for Puerto Rico, anyone been there?

LadySweet Wed 06-Aug-08 12:54:16

The resort we went to in Corfu started to close things down on our second week; we were there last week Sept/first week Oct a few years ago. Wasn't everything that was closing but a few restaurants, couple of shops but it was the start of the end of season for them. We were in Ipsos which isn't one of the larger resorts, good location though, esp if you are going to hire a car as you can get to really lovely Paleokatritsa (sp?) and Corfu town quite easily. Cyprus and Crete werent closing down for end of season as such, I think it was just a quieter time of year for them.

CountessDracula Wed 06-Aug-08 12:54:53

Turkey will still be hot
or Crete

alfielooloo Wed 06-Aug-08 13:57:26

Thanks ladies, I am going to look at these, any advice on where to go in Turkey?

Jodyray Wed 06-Aug-08 13:59:46

I have been to Puerto Rico yes prior to having kids though. It is very hilly and we had tons of steps to our hotel so make sure you are not at the top of the hill. I have also been to Costa Caleta in Fuerteventura and loved it there I would defo go back. Marmaris in Turkey is good for families.

alfielooloo Wed 06-Aug-08 14:47:31

Costa Caleta looks nice Jodyray, have found a holiday with Thomas Cook, £825 each shock
I have also found one to Marmaris at just over £1,000 for the four of us for a week, it looks a good deal, am going to google the hotel.

Jodyray Wed 06-Aug-08 15:30:11

try thomson skytours they are usually cheaper, then call lincoln travel and see if they can beat the price. I just did this and got 14n for 4 of us for under £700! i am good at finding hols if you tell me the airport and ages of kids i will find u one lol!!

alfielooloo Wed 06-Aug-08 15:54:56

Wow that's fantastic! I have spent hours on PC looking but just seem to be going around in circleshmm

When ane where are you going, if you don't mind me asking?

Jodyray Wed 06-Aug-08 16:04:22

just got back been to salou so it was peak july. travel agents were quoting £1400+ thomson itself was 849 but lincoln was 698 or something

alfielooloo Wed 06-Aug-08 16:11:23

Am looking at Thompson Skytours now, if I get no luck, I will be back for your help! smile

Thanks everyone

nicolasmum Thu 07-Aug-08 20:25:46

try Akyaka in Turkey, h4U go if you want a package or easy to book everything your self. Quiet resort, very friendly, child friendly beach and cheap to eat out. If you have children there is a qualified english childcarer who offers babysitting.

herbietea Thu 07-Aug-08 20:52:09

Message withdrawn

alfielooloo Fri 08-Aug-08 10:12:46

So much choice!! I found a couple of good deals on thompson skytours but still keep looking, I saw some really cheap ones on another website, can't remember the name now, anyway looked them up on Holiday Watchdag website & they had mostly bad reviews hmm Am looking at Costa Teguise at the mo, we went there on honeymoon years ago so has probably changed since then as it was a relatively new resort then but a few good deals have come up for it. Looks like it might be the week before half term october we go now, school trip [already!] in september plus a few other things on so think october it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now