Talk

Advanced search

getting a taxi from Dalaman airport to Lykia World? Okay to do?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 04-Aug-08 20:20:45

We rae going to Lykia World next week and last year booked the taxi via Lykia World but they want 200 euros for teh round trip (£165). DH is concerned that the taxis at Dalaman airport might be dodgy and uninsured.
Does anyone have any experience please?

TIA

CoteDAzur Mon 04-Aug-08 20:39:20

It sounds very expensive. I did a quick search and here the transfer from Dalaman Airport to Lykia World is quoted as 75 euros for up to 3 people and 90 euros up to 14 people.

These guys quote 80 euros for up to 3 people and 85 euros for more than 4 people.

Taxis in Turkey all have meters, so no need to negotiate a fee in advance. Still, I would prefer these transfer services to taxis, not because the latter are "dodgy", but because they tend to be very small and run on LPG (liquid petroleum gas). The gas tank takes up most of the trunk, which is not too spacious to start with.

CoteDAzur Mon 04-Aug-08 20:41:18

Sorry, I just realized the price you were quoted was for return trip.

Still, I would prefer one of the transfer companies - better cars and even slightly cheaper.

JamInMyWellies Mon 04-Aug-08 20:51:33

We are landing in Dalaman end of Aug and we paid £60per person return via our holiday company.

My concern is car seats and how safe they drive. Our car seat we cannot take on the plane so DS is going to have to sit on my knee or try strap him into a seatbelt.

CoteDAzur Mon 04-Aug-08 21:00:51

I'm sure they would arrange for a child seat if you let them know in advance that one will be needed.

You can always tell the driver to go slower if you find he is not driving safe enough.

MarkStretch Mon 04-Aug-08 21:06:09

McKenzie- this may sound crazy but I have family that live in Fethiye, Turkey and have done for 10+yrs now. They have a family friend who is a taxi driver and he did our airport transfers and transport while we were there in May.

He is very reasonable and will really look after you.

If you are interested please email me - eggyjane@gmail.com

JamInMyWellies Mon 04-Aug-08 21:07:48

I contacted the travel company and they said not provided and nothing they could do. Am thinking about contacting the hotel myself as th owner is english and seeing if they have a relationship with the driver and whether they could help organise a car seat. Or am I being a bit precious>

mckenzie Mon 04-Aug-08 21:22:09

thanks for all the replies. I'll email you now markstretch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now