Talk

Advanced search

EasyJet - what to expect? Haven't flown for 11 years

(11 Posts)
2sugars Sat 02-Aug-08 06:30:04

The last time I boarded a plane I was pg with dd1, and it was a BA flight. Never flown with any other carrier, and, TBH, I'm terrified. DDs keep telling me they're the only ones in their class that haven't flown - but how different is it from the traditional BA flights, which is all this flightaphobe is used to?

2sugars Sat 02-Aug-08 11:19:13

Anyone? hmm

2sugars Sat 02-Aug-08 11:51:43

Someone tell me I don't have to pack deckchairs .....

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 02-Aug-08 11:54:06

It is basic to say the least, just keep telling yourself it is a flying bus and expect nothing and it will be fine.

2sugars Sat 02-Aug-08 12:01:09

Than.ks for the reply - I kind of know what I'm up against. But is it kind of 'scramble for the seats' flight?

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sat 02-Aug-08 12:03:09

Well not really, how many of you are travelling ??

You do have to form a queue to show your boarding card, and then think about it, you have to queue to go up the stairs and the aisles are narrow. So limited scrambling for seats IYKWIM.

2sugars Sat 02-Aug-08 12:09:15

NOOOOOOO! I was tongue in cheek with deckchairs, we've effing-well booked it now. No hostesses, offering G&T, presumably?

Turniphead1 Sat 02-Aug-08 12:19:23

They will offer you a G&T but you will have to pay for it. To be honest Easyjet are a damned sight better than Ryanair imo. If you want to eat on the flight better to buy something nice from Pret a Manger or whatever and bring with you rather than forking out over the odds for their rubbish.

It's fine. I wouldn't worried.

CaptFabioHiltsCatInTheCooler Sat 02-Aug-08 12:20:41

Take sandwiches.
You will have to pay for the in flight fare, which is a pot noodle and a tin of red bull.

mumto2andnomore Sat 02-Aug-08 14:28:22

We flew easyjet recently and it was really good. We paid extra for speedy boarding which meant we checked in at a different desk from those who hadnt paid which saved us loads of time queueing. Then we were called first at the gate which meant we had best choice of seats, after the speedy boarders they let families with children on, then everyone else.I would recommend paying extra for that. The food on board was ok-sandwiches were about £3.50 I think, loads of drinks available too. For the price we thought it was great.

hifi Sat 02-Aug-08 14:33:42

if any of your children are 5 or under you will get priority boarding anyway so dont pay for it. is dp going also?

pack snacks, no drinks until you have gone thru security as they will consfiscate them.

we have flown twice in 5 weeks with easy jet and they were great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now