Talk

Advanced search

calella de palafrugell - any must dos for kids in this and surrounding areas?

(5 Posts)
maggiethecat Thu 31-Jul-08 21:31:16

Really fantastic place - we're enjoying a chilled out time in this peaceful area. We are happy to veg out by pool or on beach but will consider one or two trips with my 4 yr old and 21 mth old if there is something worth doing.

Mercedes Sun 03-Aug-08 12:16:52

I've been watching this with interest as we're planning to go here with me dd. Nobody with any ideas or is everyone on holiday?

palomablanca21 Sun 03-Aug-08 12:53:38

Hi, I am in fact going to a village very close by called Begur. It's a lovely part of the costa Brava. I'm not familiar with Palafrugel itself but the surrounding area has quite a lot to offer for families. To begin with there is a butterfly park around 20 km away in Empuriabrava. tel 972 45 07 61
For adults interested in Art you have several of Dali's homes scattered around the costa brava and the Dali museum in Figueres (book online to avoid queues!).

There is a water park in Platja D'aro called "Aquadiver". Although not suitable for toddlers it might be fun for your 4 year old! I would recommend you go to the local tourist office and pick up a the free guide to the area which lists day by day what activities are on and where. In the guide that I have from last summer it lists things such as children's cinema, puppet shows, and so on.

I hope this is of help to you!
Paloma

maggiethecat Sun 03-Aug-08 16:06:02

Thanks Paloma. We´ve just left Calella d P and moved to nearby Sant Antoni Calonge (had to split the holiday for accomodation reasons) but it´s easy for us to travel around and will consider Begur which I hear is quite nice and historic. Will check out butterfly park and also get listings guide from tourist office.

We´ll give aquadiver a miss as I hear its expensive and our toddler will prob not let us make good use of it.

themoon66 Mon 04-Aug-08 23:11:40

We spent every summer at nearby Pals when the LOs were smaller. Ihave fond memories.

The beach at Aguia Blava was fab, small and safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now