Talk

Advanced search

Easyjet Luggage - grrrh

(5 Posts)
motheroftwoboys Thu 31-Jul-08 15:33:11

Feel like confused.com grin we are flying Easyjet (Newcastle to Rome) in a couple of weeks and I CANNOT work out whether hold bags are included with the ticket or not. On the booking cf it says something like passengers are entitled to 20kg of hold luggage but it won't let me add luggage so does that mean we get it automatically. I have tried - and tried - to check with with them on the phone (endlessly automated) or by e-mail - no reply. I am sure one of you well-travelled MNs will know the answer. Please?

ChopsTheDuck Thu 31-Jul-08 15:51:51

have you got your booking online with them? If we log into my easyjet we can see how many hold bags we've booked. The 20kg pp is standard, but we had to pay for how many bags we wanted to put that in between the 6 of us.

Molivan Fri 01-Aug-08 09:09:20

Oh, I feel your pain re ringing EasyJet. I added two hold bags this week because they do charge extra for them and it is cheaper to add them before you fly than at check in (£6 per suitcase per journey if you add them before you fly). I think if there is no itemised luggage cost on your booking, you can assume you will have to pay more. The key to the automated telephone system is to always choose the option that doesn't get you anywhere, like "More Options" or when they ask does this answer your question, say "No". Do not, under any circumstances, choose the "Add Baggage" option, or you will be given a list of instructions on how to add baggage online (Grrrrrrrrr). Eventually, by simply not letting the automated system help you, you will get a human being - I've done it, I know it's hard to believe, but it is true. Good luck.

Gunnerbean Fri 01-Aug-08 21:21:46

We're flying with EasyJet for the first time next week and have booked in 2 hold bags. I'm assuming that we'll still be allowed hand luggage in addition to that too. Does anyone know if that's correct?

snickersnack Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:00

Yes, you're allowed hand luggage as well. And a buggy, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now