Talk

Advanced search

Help me find info on train travel from Britany to Biaritz, s'il vous plait!

(6 Posts)
Cies Tue 29-Jul-08 18:52:17

This summer DH and I are going sailing with my parents in Britany, and thought it might be nice to make our way back home (in N Spain) by train.

We don't know where we'll start from exactly, but it may be St Malo. I've tried the SNCF website, but I can't work out how much this might cost us.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website? Or show me how to get the price on the SNCF website.

We're not bothered about going fast, so TGV not necessary. In fact, we'd quite like to stop off and spend the night in a couple of nice places, so any recommendations welcome. smile

NicMac Tue 29-Jul-08 18:57:18

I use www.voyagesncf.com but it might be this site you are having probs with. Email me with your dates and I'll try to help. We live about an hour from Biarritz. The SNCF site will only take you to Irun or St Jean de Luz and then you will have to look on a local Spanish site for more details.

QueenMeabhOfConnaught Tue 29-Jul-08 18:58:50

Try this website:

The Man in Seat 61

Cies Tue 29-Jul-08 18:59:59

Thanks NicMac. At the moment I don't have concrete dates, although it will be around 20th August. I just want a rough figure of how much this could cost.

I.e. if it's going to be 400 euros per person, we won't do it. But, if it's 100/150 we'll consider it.

After further investigation, I think sncf is under maintenance at the moment though angry.

NicMac Tue 29-Jul-08 19:08:32

Yes, it is under maintenance. It shouldn't be too expensive, they have 'prem' tickets which are usually cheap.

NicMac Tue 29-Jul-08 19:08:33

Yes, it is under maintenance. It shouldn't be too expensive, they have 'prem' tickets which are usually cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now