Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Italy with a baby - how easy will it be to buy 'baby stuff'

(5 Posts)
Tobermory Mon 28-Jul-08 10:38:02

Never been to italy before but plan is pack light and buy stuff when we get there. However I have always been rubbish at packing light , dont think i will have got any better!

Flying into Rome Fiuminco and travelling north, bound to pass a supermarket of some size - dont you think? The stock up on necessities, Nappies, wipes, full fat milk/ follow on formula...and the rest.

mumblechum Mon 28-Jul-08 10:42:05

IME, Italian supermarkets are great. Look out for "Co-op Ipermercato (Hypermarket)", or "Pam" which are absolutely massive. All the big Tuscan and Umbrian towns have them, usually on the ring roads.

You'll get everything you want inc. stuff like paddling pools, water wings, outdoor toys and obv. food.

Have fun!

LIZS Mon 28-Jul-08 10:42:49

We went when dd was under 2 and it was no problem.

Tobermory Mon 28-Jul-08 11:20:33

Thanks both.

I dont know why worrying, sure theres nothing to panic about. I think its just a very new experience with DD and so gives me somethign to stress about.
Last (probably stupid) question....i assume full fat milk is readily available?

LIZS Mon 28-Jul-08 11:31:08

It was several years ago but we self catered so I'm sure we found full fat milk for the kids. Resort wasn't that big but there was a Pam a little way along the coast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now