Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Playa Blanca recently?

(6 Posts)
Gobbledigook Mon 28-Jul-08 09:49:14

Just wondering if there are any playgrounds/parks for the children there. In majorca they have parks and climbing frames along some of the fronts so just wondering if Playa Blanca has anything similar.

ALso have heard about Kikoland - any info on that?

littledudesmummy Mon 28-Jul-08 11:47:28

There is a large pirate ship play frame in the centre on Avenida Papagayo, the road parallel to the promenade. Kikoland is part of the Princess Yaiza hotel which is behind Playa Dorada but it's open to non-guests. It has it's own entrance where we made enquiries but there wasn't much on as it was January so didn't actually go there. Looked great though!

Gobbledigook Mon 28-Jul-08 11:53:12

Oh great - right, I've found Avenida Papagayo on my map but it's a long road! Is it at Playa Blanca beach end, near Princess Yaiza/Playa Dorada or further along near Marina Rubicon?

Gobbledigook Mon 28-Jul-08 12:06:36

Ah found it - near the church/village square! Thanks for that!

littledudesmummy Mon 28-Jul-08 12:36:25

No probs. We just loved Playa Blanca and will be returning next January. It's along way from the holidays we used to take pre-DS but as it's all about him now the Canaries are perfect for a bit of winter sun.

Birdly Wed 30-Jul-08 15:45:52

We went to Playa Blanca in February and stayed at the Sun Tropical (a First Choice resort). There was so much to do there for the kids that we only went into Playa Blanca once! blush I thought it was a lovely town, though.

We didn't go to Kikoland either, but walked past it and it looked like it would be worth a visit.

We'd love to go back too. If you do go, I'd definitely recommend doing the volcano tour! Our kids loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now