Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me about San Pedro & the area (which is between Estepona and Marbella) on the Costa Del Sol

(4 Posts)
Gunnerbean Fri 25-Jul-08 18:35:26

We're off there for a week next month and I was just wondering if anyone knows the area. We've never been to the Costa del Sol before and have just rented an apartment, which we found on the internet, and are picking up a car from Malaga airport. It's a bit of an adventure as we've never done anything like it before so any info on the area, good beaches child friendly beaches to vist, things to do with an 8 year or anything about the area really would be very welcome. smile

mumma2cjh Fri 25-Jul-08 21:41:20

Its a dump! I went there on the way to a day trip to Gibralter and it was full of beggers!

electricluluarella Fri 25-Jul-08 21:45:31

it is actually really lovely, and we go frequently. not seen a single beggar

san pedro is a pretty and quite quaint little place, but there are some stunning fish restaurants and it is quite lively at night, restaurant called 'chinales' IIRC, is fab.

estepona also lovely,nice beaches, and not too touristy, some smart hotels and bars and shops too

safari park in estepona

there is a water park about an hour away too

drive from the airport is about 50 minutes

you are not too far from puerto banus either, although traffic in and out of there in august is a bit of a 'mare, we tend to stick to marbella old town.

we are also going in august.

janeashersbookofspacecakes Sat 26-Jul-08 16:30:28

From my memory, the stretch between Estepona and Marbellas was very built up so it was difficult to know you were leaving one place and entering another. I'm sure you'll have a lovely sunny holiday though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now