Talk

Advanced search

flying ryanair with pushchair/car seat

(4 Posts)
phanieb Thu 24-Jul-08 11:36:53

has anyone ever tkaen a large pushchair on board?

I'm flying with ryanair next week and i am not sure my pushchair qualifies for free transport.
they refer to fully colapsible pushchairs and ours is a jane that doubles up as a car seat. I'd like to know if i have to pay extra and if i can take it to the plane or if i will have to carry my little one.. she's over 6kg now..a bit heavy for the sling if we have to wait before boarding.

thanks

BouncingTurtle Thu 24-Jul-08 11:43:24

Not sure.. though would it be an option to buy a cheap little stroller and take that with you?
I'm flying easyjet later in the year and we are taking our little stroller rather than the big pushchair because to be honest, I worry about it getting damaged - you do hear stories of the baggage handlers throwing them on and off the plane! I do no of a couple of people whose pushchairs or car seats have been damaged by careless handling.
Best thing to do is thing them and check, unless anyone else has flown with them recently?

BouncingTurtle Thu 24-Jul-08 11:43:50

know not no!

phanieb Thu 24-Jul-08 12:01:35

thanks, we thought of bying a pushchair but we need a car seat when we get there. I'll just pay for one way extra and see what happens. I'm always weary of ryanair's changing policies and extra charges at the airport!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now