Talk

Advanced search

hand luggage on EasyJet

(6 Posts)
ShrinkingViolet Wed 23-Jul-08 09:57:07

how strict are they about the size of your hand luggage these days (UK flights)? A couple of years ago they didn't bother solong as you could lift it into the locker yourself, btu the website now has a size limit of 55 x 40 x 20 whcih is pretty small.

Have theri policies changed since the new charge for hold luggage [cynical]?

WendyWeber Wed 23-Jul-08 10:02:37

Size limit is fairly strict & is the same for all airlines.

On easyjet though there is no weight limit (it's 5 or 10 kg on most) so if you have anything small & heavy but not liquid you can cram it in your hand luggage.

(Last time we flew lots of people had small wheeled suitcases which were presumably exactly the right size & you could get a lot in there - remember though you can still only have ONE item so if you have a handbag it'll have to go inside the other bag for the journey)

justjules Wed 23-Jul-08 10:05:10

last time i was at an airport they had a little metal cage type thingie/measuring device, that your hand luggage had to fit into before you were allowed to go though to board with it,

if it is too big i guess they can make you put it in the cargo hold and charge you for an extra case,

ShrinkingViolet Wed 23-Jul-08 10:58:10

I'm trying to avoid paying for luggage, but doesn't look like it, sadly.
Thanks everyone.

WendyWeber Wed 23-Jul-08 11:12:21

This is one of the cabin baggage cases - its depth is actually only 17cm but that would leave some stuffing space! Could you manage to squeeze everything in one of those?

ShrinkingViolet Wed 23-Jul-08 11:46:28

ooh, that looks good! Yes, it might be possible - it's for DD1 who will be away for 10 days, but she will be able to do washing, so doesn't need 10 days worth of clothes.
You are a star Wendyweber grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now