Talk

Advanced search

Sani resort Halkididki. Anyone been?

(12 Posts)
Youcanthaveeverything Mon 21-Jul-08 19:58:43

How good was it?

I'm confused about the differences between the beach hotel/beach club/marina etc. Is it one very large resort with a few hotels?

Do you have to be half board?

What is around it to visit and do? Is there a local town, where you can go to bars and Tavernas etc?

And lastly how expensive is i? I can't make sense of the on line booking thing, yu can't seem to request 2009 prices.

iCodandnotDumb Mon 21-Jul-08 20:02:19

yes malory has

norkmaiden Mon 21-Jul-08 20:03:40

i asked about this the other day - I think Malory and Buda know it, so maybe they'll see this and tell more?

hopeful bump anyway!

Youcanthaveeverything Mon 21-Jul-08 20:04:51

Oi Cod, tell me what poeple who go on Sunsail holidays are like.

Apart from evidently loaded, from their prices.

MmeBovary Mon 21-Jul-08 20:15:21

I;ve looked at it before and thought looked great. I had the impression it was one big resort and you could book different levels of accommodation. But it didn't appear to be near a town - quite self contained with a dine around option....Have a look at tripadvisor.com...

Youcanthaveeverything Mon 21-Jul-08 20:32:57

Just looked at tripadvisor, gets really good reviews, but I think I may prefer something a bit more taditioally Greek, where you can eat in differnt places. Think this may be too resorty and could be anywhere.

So where in Greece??

MmeBovary Mon 21-Jul-08 20:44:23

I know where you#re coming from. I always think that half the fun is deciding where to go/what to eat in the evening and do like a bit of local nightlife. Facilities/accommodation did look good at Sani though so might consider it for a chill out week in the future...

mumtoaprincess Tue 22-Jul-08 09:36:09

I have been. If you are looking for something typically Greek, then this isn't for you. There isn't a lot to do outside the resort. The resort was also quite expensive. However, if you all want to do is relax, then this is for you. We went part term-time, part school holidays. It was extremely busy during school holiday week and you had to be up very early to get a sun lounger. It was also very noisy around the pool. The beach was much better during this week.

Speaking to people, they preferred the hotel, but the beach club restaurant seemed to be better. It resembled a cattle market during evening meals at the hotel. We used the dine around option a few times, but there were only 3 restaurants where you could go for the set meal otherwise you were given 8 euros towards your meal (which was very pricey).

We were at the hotel and were upgraded to a junior suite with pool view. (we would have had a pool view if there wasn't a great big tree in front of the balcony).

Also, the transfer to the hotel from the airport was 1.5 to 2 hours and there were a lot of fractious children after a delayed flight and a coach transfer.

If all you want is to relax, then go somewhere nearer with an easy transfer.

FluffyMummy123 Tue 22-Jul-08 09:36:55

Message withdrawn

Youcanthaveeverything Tue 22-Jul-08 09:47:37

Thanks Mumtoaprincess, it doesn't sound like what we would want. i think I'll start a thread asking for greek recommendations.

Ah, hearty sounds good, but clubby I don't do.

gladders Tue 22-Jul-08 16:18:42

just read this - have been and stayed at the club so some more opinions....

hotel restauarant HUGE - in the club, much smaller.

great pools, beaches, marina and kids club (run by powder byrne)

BUT - all restauarnts round marina (except 2 little tavernas) owned by the resort so feels like no real choice - and food wasn't that great.... not greek either!

rooms were v nice (suite) and everyone v nice. but we went mid october and evenings were freezing.....

kbaby Wed 23-Jul-08 22:32:41

was thinking of the sani too but sounds as if its not want we want either.

I can recommend tsilivi in zante as its a lovely resort with plenty of restaurant choice and good for families too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now