Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sunsail holidays. Extortionate but worth it??

(10 Posts)
Youcanthaveeverything Mon 21-Jul-08 15:44:36

Or not?

Dh went on one before we had the kids and would really like us all to go next year.

But it will cost about £7000 for 2 weeksshockshock

BUT Dh says it does include meals, all kids ativities (which are meant to be really good) and all adult activities.

Could it be worth that much??

overthemill Mon 21-Jul-08 15:46:09

god they are fabulous holidays - did it before kids. but would never ever spend that much on a holiday now.

can you afford it, is it proportionate to your income?
is there a cheaper alternative - btw food etc is much cheaper in the med so all inclusive can be a rip off

ScotsLassDownSouth Mon 21-Jul-08 16:22:59

If you can afford it, go for it. Is the £7000 during school holidays? If you can go out of season they're a good bit cheaper. We went because we love sailing, so this year we have chartered a catamaran in the Greek islands for £3500 which is still a lot of money, but when you work it out it's less than £450 per person per week.

iCodandnotDumb Mon 21-Jul-08 16:33:33

we were on a flight wiht some once
hmmm

Youcanthaveeverything Mon 21-Jul-08 17:12:22

We could afford it, just. But don't normally spend that much.

Please expand Cod, don't be cryptic...

sunnylabsmum Tue 22-Jul-08 11:57:36

yes can be very pricy especially if you have to go in school hols. We went the last three years to the clubs in Turkey with DD pre-school, and they were great holidays, but we always tended to book last minute so got a cheaper deal. Of course if you are limited to the school hols that will probably not work out.
Don't forget that not all meals and no drinks are included and these can add up quite a bit as the clubs are a bit isolated.

We have not done sunsail this year, not because we don't want to but we find ourselves now living in Cyprus with a local sailing club so its a bit like sunsail 52 weeks a year!, although we do miss the childcare!!

Think scotslasses idea is really good!!!

Anna8888 Tue 22-Jul-08 12:03:02

£7,000 for two weeks in a glorified holiday camp? Ridiculous.

You can go to some fabulous super luxury Med island hotels for far less and have much more fun (but you won't be able to outsource your children smile).

noneshallsleep Tue 29-Jul-08 19:32:52

Have you priced an equivalent Neilson holiday? We've done both (and both pre and post children) and Neilson generally come out cheaper, for a similar product. There are pros and cons of both companies, but that's probably a thread to itself!

Swedes Tue 29-Jul-08 19:35:43

Definitely worth it. We just paid £6,000 for a week at Mark Warner in Kalamata for six of us. We all had a brilliant holiday - small children with lovely nannies for 3.5 hours in the morning so we could go sailing and play tennis with the biggies and I was able to go for the odd treatment at their Spa. Sailing just brilliant. In the afternoons we had a sleep with the little ones and then spent time on the beach, swimming and canoeing etc. It was lovely. Every single one of us absolutely loved it.

You are paying for the fantstic water sports facilities and the brilliant childcare and I think those things make the holiday.

I don't have my children looked after at home so I reckon I needed a break from my routine as much as anyone else.

littledudesmummy Wed 30-Jul-08 15:17:00

There was a programme about this company on BBC4 last night. Didn't watch it so can't comment. Just checked and it's not on iplayer but they sometims repeat on BBC4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now