Talk

Advanced search

Nice/Monte Carlo

(5 Posts)
raisinbran Mon 21-Jul-08 14:42:15

Plan to take a flight to Nice for a 4day break. Would you stay in Nice or Monte Carlo and how far is St Tropez? All advice welcome.

MmeBovary Mon 21-Jul-08 15:08:54

I'd stay in Nice - there's lots more to do and not so pricey. It is really to get up and down the coast from there by train or bus eg Cannes, Antibes, Juan Les Pins, Villefranche Sur Mer. I think there is a daily boat trip to St Tropez otherwise it is tricky to get to without a car (90 min drive I think). Depends what you want to do. If you want sightseeing / museums / shops - I'd go for Nice. If you want nice sandy beaches and to chill out I would head for Antibes/JLP. You can always do a day trip to Monte Carlo.

raisinbran Mon 21-Jul-08 22:55:48

Thanks for the info, I'll look at the hotels for Nice instead. I really had little knowledge of the area so your tips are great.

bellavita Mon 21-Jul-08 23:14:25

We stopped in Nice last September. We took the train to Monte Carlo - literally a 15 min ride and spent the day there.

We were hoping to get off the train on the way back at Villefranche but it was so packed (we along with about 1000 others were standing) we could not get off.

Someone I know has just come back from Nice they stayed at the Royale down on the Promenade, said it was fab.

There is a little train that goes around Nice which is lovely so you get to see places of interest.

Our chef at work told me of a lovely restaurant to visit which we did - Le Safari, which is down near the market. The food was lovely.

However if we were to go again, I would like to stay at Le Meridien Beach Plaza in Monte Carlo.

Hope you have a lovely time.

raisinbran Tue 22-Jul-08 18:06:27

Thanks bellavita, when you only have a few days ina place its great to get recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now