Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Siblu.com before ?

(13 Posts)
TwistOLemon Mon 21-Jul-08 10:31:02

Are they any good ? Thinking of booking one in Brittany.
tia

Milliways Mon 21-Jul-08 17:55:33

That is a good site (Domain de Kerlann?)

We have stayed there, Les Charmettes, La Carabasse, Le Bois Dormant, Le Vieux Port, El Delfin Verde & more - all with SIblu, so we think they are ok

We also have been with Canvas (to a region not covered by Siblu) and Matthews - who are cheap as chips but have limited sites.

slalomsuki Tue 22-Jul-08 22:29:14

We have done Siblu for the last couple of years and they are great.

Kids clubs are better than Canvas or Keycamp in my opinion because they are dedicated owned by siblu sites without having a host of companines competing for space on the site. The sites have been clean and safe for kids. We have done Le Bois Dormant and it was great. They tried hard with the entertainment and employed local bands who delivered French songs in French to a mainly English(Brits and Irish) speaking audience and wondered why most people chatted and didn't listen.

Don't know about Brittany though since thats where we did Keycamp

jamsmum Wed 23-Jul-08 08:40:35

beware of the terms and conditions.we booked in nowember with siblu and they called two nights ago and said our holiday at la carabasse no longer available and nothing we can do.If you read the contract you could actually be on your way to your holiday and they can cancel it and give you seventy five ponds compensation!!!!

Milliways Wed 23-Jul-08 16:08:03

That's awful! We have never had problems! Had you paid in full yet?

Fimbo Wed 23-Jul-08 16:09:41

Cancellation of another holiday here

wessexgirl Wed 23-Jul-08 16:11:03

Crikey, I've always found them very good - I've never gone in peak season, though. Judging by this, I won't in the future either.

Milliways Wed 23-Jul-08 16:51:54

We always go peak season. The only time I knew of problems was when a hurricane felled a forest and a child was killed by a falling tree so the whole site (Bicarosse) was closed - but that's understandable.

Leslaki Wed 23-Jul-08 17:48:58

I've stayed on a Siblu site (Le Bopis Masson in St jean de Monts) and woudn't again. It was too 'Brits Abroad' and in yer face for me! the sister site across the road looked better tho - Le Bois Dormant. Siblu is Haven in the sunsg=hine basically! We usually go with canvas Life as you can still use tesco vouchers with them too!

jamsmum Wed 23-Jul-08 20:40:18

it's amazing what the power of Mumsnet can do. We heard from siblu today and we have our holiday back, so thanks to them, but more so to all you for your concern and advice.

Milliways Wed 23-Jul-08 22:42:02

Great News! So pleased for you

Milliways Wed 23-Jul-08 22:43:49

Leslaki - Le Bois Masson was the worst/most crowded Siblu site we have been on. La Carabasse is much better laid out, more Green etc. Les Charmettes is fab & we have had no complaints with any other site. That part of the Vendee is very crowded & busy though.

Leslaki Fri 25-Jul-08 08:36:17

That's good to know Milliways - Le Bois Masson did put me off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now