Talk

Advanced search

Private Villa with a pool in Fuerteventura? recommendations.

(15 Posts)
ScoobyDoo Sat 19-Jul-08 16:04:11

We are booking our holiday for next year & have decided to book a private villa/apartmnent or something with a private pool, i think we want to go to Fuerventura as we want to go in June & would love hot weather.

Does anyone have any recommendations for anywhere or where to look, or any ideas of anywhere nice to go other than fuerteventura?

We have ds who will be 6 & dd who will be 3.

TIA

GBR Sat 19-Jul-08 16:05:39

We were in Fuerteventura in Feb one year, and it was hot then, must be very hot in June? It's also very very windy - windsurfers' paradise!

ScoobyDoo Sat 19-Jul-08 16:06:42

Does thew wind ruin it? or is it nice to have the wind? maybe we should go before june then? don't want it boiling hot because of ds & dd.

yorkiemom Sat 19-Jul-08 20:04:45

A friend of mine has recently come back, and said very windy, and cloudy at the end of her June week, but last few days (at the start of July) really too hot.
She said she thought it was too windy really

Thinkstoomuch Sat 19-Jul-08 20:14:34

We got an absolute bargain late deal off Teletext to stay here a few years back. It's right on the seafront in Corralejo.

We've also stayed in Caleta de Fuste a few times. The island's definitely breezy (hence the name) but that's been welcome to take the edge off the heat. Caleta de Fuste has a lovely, very child-friendly new manmade beach in front of the Sheraton.

ScoobyDoo Sun 20-Jul-08 10:49:30

Thanks for all the information, still looking we have found somewhere in Costa Calma, has anyone been here or know what it's like?

I don't think the breeze bother's us we are looking at going end of june so should be quite hot i hope.

ScoobyDoo Sun 20-Jul-08 13:28:43

Help anyone else been here, i really do not know where to go..

twocutedarlings Sun 20-Jul-08 13:38:16

Ive been, last June and loved it!!

Yes its windy, but like thinkstomuch said it take the edge off the heat, the blue flag beach at corralejo is out of this world. I would go back in heartbeat.

ScoobyDoo Sun 20-Jul-08 13:53:48

Oh great sounds nice, the wind does not bother me as i am not very good in heat anyway.

What is corralejo like? is it for families? or is it more night life? we want somwhere that has a fab beach with some shops/restaurants within walkin distance but not to loud with aload of drunks grin

ScoobyDoo Sun 20-Jul-08 13:59:44

I just read that the beaches in corralejo are affected by currents & unsuitable for children ho hum...

I went to correlego about 14 yrs ago and my brother was 2yrs. Beautiful beach, yes was windy, but very warm.
The sea is rough thats why its surfers paradise.
We went boxing day btw
Was also nudist beach when we went.
I was a very embarrassed 16 yr old blush
Was very unspoilt then. My mum and step da went every year for a good few years after that at xmas/new year time and said was getting quite built up and busier every year.

My sis has been to coleta de fuste with two very young children several years ago. Said it was great.

excuse the spelling

ScoobyDoo Sun 20-Jul-08 15:38:50

Thanks Nooneputsbabyinthecorner, i think we are going to stick to the original plan & go to Costa calma, having booked anything yet but have emailed the owners...

Any more opinions...?

twocutedarlings Sun 20-Jul-08 16:12:02

Scooby,

A couple we met there, recomended costa calma, beaches there are apparently much more suitable for young children.

However we didnt find the current a problem, mt DDs were 2 and 4 at the time, i wouldnt let them paddle in the sea without us, but it wasnt a problem. Because the sea is very strong it sort of washed out an made little pools, my girls spent hour getting messy in them.

Have you had a look here for villas

Owners Direct

ScoobyDoo Sun 20-Jul-08 16:15:45

Thanks twocutedarlings, sounds ideal ds will be 6.5 & dd will be 3.5 so great ages, we never leave the kids anywhere nr sea on there own or even far from us anyway, we are always with them.

I have been looking at that site & have found a couple of villa's that sound ideal, have emailed them to see what the owners say.

It's horrible booking a holiday because you search for hours because you want to get it all right, we don't go away often so when we do i so want it to be perfect & want to make sure it is just what we want, but finding that can be hard sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now