Talk

Advanced search

* * Please pick: Bedruthan Steps, Cornwall, or Euro beach hotel? * *

(8 Posts)
DanniPops Fri 18-Jul-08 21:26:31

Please could you pick which holiday my family should go on in early Sept! Bedruthan looks charming and a better journey, but will it be ruined by the weather?

Alternatively - Euro beach hotel - finding it very hard to find one - asked about 7 holiday companies (requesting on the beach, Spain / Italy / Portugal etc (i.e. under 3 hours flight due to our feisty 16 month old we are all scared of), for £4-5k, naively I thought this was quite a lot of money, but no, all they can do is try to flog me Vila Vita Park (double my budget) or non-descript tower block hotels that look like shit for that money. We are 2 adults, a girl of 3 and said frightening baby.

Should I go to the Bedruthan Steps or Euro beach hotel? Can anyone recommend a suitable Euro hotel? And what do people with children do in the evenings now too scared to use baby listening service in sprawling resort? Take tired emotional kids out to dinner? Eat with children at 5.30 and everyone tucked up in bed by 7?

There's lots of wisdom out there, I just know it. Please help.

mumma2cjh Fri 18-Jul-08 22:15:42

youre read my mine. We are torn between a week in Devon (St Mortiz Villas) or a week in Majorca at Safari Apartments, Sa Coma.

The weather here has been so terrible and I know Devon last week was very rainy so Im thinking of beach, sun and lots of vino

DanniPops Sat 19-Jul-08 09:05:01

Cheers, nice to know I'm not the only one. I'm really hoping life gets easier in a few years and holidays won't be such an ordeal. Having said that, am thinking of having child #3 in the future (given myself a couple of years 'off' first) so will probably ruin it for myself again as soon as it gets better [hmmm]

SqueakyPop Sat 19-Jul-08 09:29:45

Bedruthan Steps is great.

The last time we were there - not sure if it has changed - children did not go into the dining room for their evening meal. Instead, they had children's tea earlier

You then had a choice of leaving them asleep in your room or putting them into the evening children's club. We always did the clubs because our children were not likely to be asleep at 7pm.

When we have gone abroad with small children, we have had self-catering facilities and did our eating out at lunchtime, and had supper in. We have never put children to bed early when on holiday.

micegg Sat 19-Jul-08 20:31:29

I would go abroad. Went to cornwall last year and have photos of us on the beac in our coats. Won't be doing that again!

WilfSell Sat 19-Jul-08 20:37:30

I love British beaches in any weather. Waterproofs and wellies.

Bedruthan steps is great. I would go again like a shot rather than schlep to some unknown hotel with a flight.

DanniPops Sun 20-Jul-08 22:04:39

This is very helpful, thanks. Is weather in Cornwall really any better than elsewhere? I live in London so wouldn't imagine that different but the Cornwall tourist sites do go on about the better microclimate. Is this all bollocks? hmm

Kitsilano Sun 20-Jul-08 22:10:23

What about les mousses (Simply travel). Self catering in Greece, on site restaurant, 3.5 hour flight, kids club, loads of other kids to play with, charming and we had a lovely time last September

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now