Talk

Advanced search

HELP email from Ryainair saying they have changed our flight times

(23 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Tue 15-Jul-08 21:27:10

Is this normal ???

Can't remember original flight times excatly, but outbound was earlish morning and flight back was about lunchtime.

Have had email from them saying please check change in schedule, and when i click on the link it says that outbound flight is now not until late evening so we miss whole day, and return flight is very late evening, which means kids can't go back to school next day as I have just prmoised the head teacher.

WendyWeber Tue 15-Jul-08 21:29:58

Does it give you a contact phone number? I've no idea how it works when this happens.

ivykaty44 Tue 15-Jul-08 21:32:22

I have a feeling if the flights have changed by x amount of hours (12 or 24?) then you can have a refund and not go away

IllegallyBrunette Tue 15-Jul-08 21:35:42

It has only changed by a few hours, but this means that now, we arrive late at night and won't be able to go and buy food etc, plus the kids won't be happy if I chuck them straight into bed.

I am going to have to ring them tommorow, not that it will make any diffeence I am sure.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 15-Jul-08 21:38:34

It says that we can cancel flight or have a credit note if we don't want to accept changhe, but what choice do I have, we have a holiday booked.

LIZS Tue 15-Jul-08 21:39:12

Seems fairly short notice to notify you and unusual for a scheduled airline whose slots are agreed well in advance and don't consolidate flights. Agree a change within 12 hours (possibly longer) is normally within t and c's.

WendyWeber Tue 15-Jul-08 21:40:32

When is it for & how much did the flights cost?

LIZS Tue 15-Jul-08 21:41:36

are there any other airlines you could use on same route, on either leg ? Sadly if you have booked each element separately you can't claim any compensation for accommodation arrangements this might affect if you cancel or rearrange the flights.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 15-Jul-08 21:59:33

Sorry, was on the phone to my mum.

The flights were about £550 in total for 2 adults and 3 children, flying on 7th Sept from B'Ham to Reus and then back on 14th Sept from Reus to B'Ham.

We can't cancel as we did book accomodation seperatly and so would lose the money for that.

I have googled, but can't find any other flights for those days.

I am so pissed off that they can do this with less than 2mths notice.

We have to vacate our accomodation at 11am on the day we fly home, which means we will have to cart round stuff with us all day and won't be able to wash or chnage or anything before we leave.

My mum is going to ring the place we are staying and ask if there is any chance we can pay to have the chalet until the evening, but I don't think there is much chance of them doing that as it will probably be booked.

LIZS Tue 15-Jul-08 22:01:13

Sometimes they make a room available for thsoe with late departures to shower etc at no extra cost and will store luggage, worth asking.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 15-Jul-08 22:03:30

Thanks Liz, will definatly ask about that if we can't pay to have the chalet for longer.

Any tips for arriving late then anyone ?? We won't get to the holiday parc until about 10pm, so presumably the site shops will be closed, and we will have no food, milk or water until the morning.

Suppose i could take powdered milk, and tea bags.

God I am so annoyed with them.

OverMyDeadBody Tue 15-Jul-08 22:03:57

RyanAir have done this to me too. Our flights back form abroad changed form earl;y evening to early morning. If I had been on business and had meetings that day I would have been screwed! I don't think there is much you can do about it really.

LIZS Tue 15-Jul-08 22:05:39

Can you prebook any food delivery ? Is it possible to use another airport such as Girona ?

IllegallyBrunette Tue 15-Jul-08 22:06:23

Going to check both of those things now Liz.

WendyWeber Tue 15-Jul-08 22:18:13

I know Ryanair have crap luggage weight allowances but am guessing your children won't need their full 15kg each? So you could take some bread/cereal/dried milk/tea/coffee/biscuits in your luggage to tide you over until the next day, & buy some bottled water either at B'ham after security or at Reus when you arrive.

Still sucks though angry

WendyWeber Tue 15-Jul-08 22:19:02

I've been looking at combinations of B'ham/E Mids-Reus/Barcelona but no luck so far...

Kif Tue 15-Jul-08 22:21:03

frozen milk?

IllegallyBrunette Wed 16-Jul-08 14:04:56

Thanks for the help guys.

In the end we rang the place we are staying to advise them that we won't arrive until well after 10pm and they have put a note on our booking to advise the rep of this, and so they should then hang around for us to arrive.

My mum has also paid for us to keep our chalet for the whole of the day we leave, it's an extra night which obviously we won't need, but it was only £30, so she was happy to do that. At least it means we can get on and enjoy the last day as planned and then go back for our luggage and get changed and whatever else before we leave.

I checked the brochure, and we do get a welcome pack with tea, coffe etc in, so that should be ok. We are going to take some biscuits in our luggage so that we at least have something, and will buy bottled water after we have checked in.

WendyWeber Wed 16-Jul-08 21:48:54

That's not so bad then - the extra time on the last day makes up pretty much for the hours you lose on the first day (even though the late arrival will still be horrible with the kids being tired etc.)

Make sure you don't buy your water after check-in & before security - last time we flew was very early, we were starving, & we foolishly bought sausage butties, coffee & cold drinks after check-in (we forgot blush) & then had to gulp it all down at the entrance to security before galloping to the gate grin

Hope you all have a fab holiday after all this!

suwoo Wed 16-Jul-08 21:51:13

They changed mine from 12.30 lunch time on the Weds, to 6.30am on the Thurs shock. Luckily we are going to stay with parents so it wasn't a massive deal. We have booked a £19 Travelodge room the night before.

WendyWeber Wed 16-Jul-08 21:52:35

That's 18 hours!!! Do you get any compo for that, suwoo?

Honestly Ryanair just get worse and worse angry

suwoo Wed 16-Jul-08 22:10:51

None was offered Wendy <<wankers>> although we were generously offered to cancel it for no charge [tongue in cheek emoticon]

Blondilocks Sat 19-Jul-08 20:33:06

BA changed our flights to Majorca pretty last minute, but it was only by 10-15 minutes.

Do you have any travel insurance yet? If so there is sometimes stuff in there about this kind of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now