Talk

Advanced search

Canvas-Life mobile home at La Siesta in Calella de Palafrugell - anyone done recently/about to do?

(4 Posts)
maggiethecat Tue 15-Jul-08 00:41:59

Been quoted 1000 GBP for 10 nights and altho it sounds expensive we would be willing to do it if house were nice enough and well positioned. Cant seem to get much info out of Canvas - any advice on this type of set up?
(La Siesta cannot help as I guess Canvas just rent the space from them)

KM1 Tue 15-Jul-08 07:44:08

Yes we stayed with Canvas Life at La Siesta last year (or Camping Life as they were known then). What size of mobile home are you looking at? We had the three bedroom one which was fine. Not as good as Canvas themselves but still ok. If they have the same pitches as last year then they are in a very good position, halfway between each pool complex and not far from the onsite shops. We paid more than your quote but we did 14 nights in the school holidays.

maggiethecat Tue 15-Jul-08 10:24:33

Thanks for getting back on this. it's a 2 bedroom and bcos we've never camped before don't really know what to expect. I like the sound of the facilities/activities for kids.
My concerns are - location of home - I guess you could feel a bit isolated if too far away from main activities; and eating - I've heard about restaurant/supermarket/bakery but it sounds like it might be a bit like being at home where I'll have to think about getting our grub rather than having it laid out for us as it would be say for half board.

Am I being too fussy (esp considering the good time that will be had by the children - 4 yr old and 20 mth old) ??

KM1 Tue 15-Jul-08 11:12:19

It is such good fun. We tend to have a lot of barbecues but we ate out a lot when we were at La Siesta as it is in easy walking distance of lots of restaurants. My dd is 11 and ds 7 but we have bben doing mobile home holidays since they were 3 and 8 months old respectively and they love it. I would hate to go to a hotel as we love the freesom that a campsite gives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now