Talk

Advanced search

24 hours in Stockholm with a toddler - any recommendations?

(16 Posts)
LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 09:49:36

We're passing through Stockholm next week literally for 24 hours - land at 5pm and leave at 5pm the next day.

Any hot tips on good things to see/do with a 2 year old in our 24 hours? Nice places to stay?

We're coming in by air and leaving by ferry to Helsinki.

Thanks!

MrsMills Mon 14-Jul-08 09:58:54

Get the Arlanda (I presume that's where you're flying into) into town. You then have access to Djurgården where there's plenty to do. Try Junibacken, a fab place for children, Skansen is a lovely place too with a childrens petting zoo. Gröna Lund is a small amusement park with lots of things for little ones. You can walk to Djurgården past all the boats or take a short boat trip over (10 mins). I would also recommend Kulturhuset slap bang in the middles of town, but if you're only there for 24 hours, I would probably stick to Djurgården.

There are so many good hotels in town, it depends on your budget really.

MrsMills Mon 14-Jul-08 09:59:34

that should be 'get the Arlanda Express'

LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 10:49:02

That's great, thank you! Hotel budget - around £50- £100 for B&B, I guess?

Sputnik Mon 14-Jul-08 12:29:43

Some friends went recently with their DD and really enjoyed Pippi Longstocking's house. Article about it here

LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 20:53:20

thanks!

bump for the evening crowd - any nice hotels?

TheBlonde Mon 14-Jul-08 20:56:44

We are off there soon, I've not been before but searched the archives and Hotel Rival and Nordic Sea were recommended

We have gone for the Raddisson (sp?)

LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 20:57:48

ooo the Radisson looks nice wink

LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 21:03:42

are you going to the pricy one on the water, or the cheaper one?

LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 21:28:33

bump for hotels?

TheBlonde Mon 14-Jul-08 21:35:17

Royal Viking

We have 2 LOs and had trouble finding a room

Hilton Slussen also supposed to be good

Have you looked on tripadvisor.com?

LittleMyDancing Mon 14-Jul-08 21:51:00

yes - we liked the look of the Rival but they don't seem very child friendly - can't find any mention of cots or children or anything on their site.

i think i'm suffering from looking at too many hotel pics, need someone to just make a blinking decision for me...

LittleMyDancing Tue 15-Jul-08 16:51:49

We've gone for the Royal Viking as well - good price and the Rival never answered any emails!

I'll let you know what it's like if you like? We're back on 3rd August.

TheBlonde Tue 15-Jul-08 17:43:08

Thanks but we will be back before then

LittleMyDancingForJoy Mon 04-Aug-08 09:32:52

Just wanted to say thank you to MrsMills - Djurgarden was lovely! Really enjoyed Stockholm, although I am now incredibly broke.....

smile

MrsMills Mon 11-Aug-08 10:04:09

Glad you had a good time!

Yes I think it is quite expensive at the moment as the krona is strong against the pound (3 years ago there was about 14 to the pound, now it's about 11). But don't let that put anybody off coming wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now