Talk

Advanced search

Car seats on BMI Baby?

(3 Posts)
Dottoressa Fri 11-Jul-08 22:24:56

Copying the query about car seats on Jet2 here...

We're going to France soon for a few days, flying with BMI Baby. Having not been abroad for nearly 20 years, the whole car seat thing is a mystery to me. Can we take them onto the plane for free, or do they count as the one allowed item of hand luggage?? Or should we put them in a big suitcase in the hold? I am in a real tizz about this (not least because I'm congenitally anxious, and somehow think that car seats will make us less likely to die in a plane crash hmm...

LIZS Sat 12-Jul-08 10:00:50

very few airlines allow car seats to be used shorthaul , even if it is a suitable model(right width and lap belt only fixing). Some allow one extra item free for an infant/child such as car seat or buggy but that is put into the hold not taken as hand luggage.

Dottoressa Sun 13-Jul-08 18:40:03

Thank you for the comment, Lizs! I think I'm using this whole car-seat thing as a focus for my general anxiety about taking the children anywhere other than down the road...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now