Talk

Advanced search

Eyewateringly cheap holidays in France

(13 Posts)
ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 13:25:51

My gorgeous holiday home fell through a couple of weeks ago and since then have been rushed off my feet.

Decided a couple of days ago that we had to have a holiday - and as long as possible and as close to home/hasslefree as possible. And cheap but not grotty as have huge expenditure coming up in september. I thought it w<old be impossible this late in July, looking for mid August.

Well, blimey. I have found a house by the sea on an island, short walk to the beach with huge garden for the princely sum of around £200.00 for the week, preceeded by a house overlooking a chateau with its own park and walking distance to all amenities (including river with beach and fishing, riding and tennis) and a renown weekly market for £450.00 for the fortnight.

I am going to go into business, tracking down gites!

Katisha Fri 11-Jul-08 13:26:40

Well come on then! Link!

ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 13:26:42

In south west france, I should add.

Marina Fri 11-Jul-08 13:27:44

You know my views on Gites de France
Check out the townhouse in Brouage in the Charente Maritime gggl
It would cost 3 x that in the UK

soremummy Fri 11-Jul-08 13:29:17

Don't keep them to yourself post links here! Any chance you can find me something in Wexford Ireland middle to end of August to accomodate 5 and a baby? I can only find ones at about 750 euro for a week shock Near Riverchapel or Ardamine would be great.. Let me know the fee your expecting

ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 13:31:33

The first one is on this island and I found it in a tiny ad in a newspaper and the second one is from this site

Marina Fri 11-Jul-08 13:35:23

Marennes <drool>
Loved the Ile d'Oleron, sigh

ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 13:43:22

I have never been. 330 euros for the week; sleeps 6, all mod cons.

The other house is old family house that is now used as holiday home with a three acre walled park!

Incredible.

Smug, moi? grin

But if anyone is still looking for a gite....

I have no idea about Ireland but I will have a look for you. Am on a roll!

soremummy Fri 11-Jul-08 14:18:56

thank you cant find anything atm and little helper NOT helping grin just pressing keys on laptop

ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 14:21:41

650 euro

ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 14:32:50

wexford

ggglimpopo Fri 11-Jul-08 14:34:29

I meant this one here

Marykate Fri 11-Jul-08 16:06:00

Soremummy, if it is of any use to you my sister is letting out her pretty holiday home in Rosslare Strand, Wexford in August. It is very well maintained and equipped. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 6-8. It is on a small holiday complex with its own playground and tennis court, close to the largest beach in the southeast (Rosslare Strand). She has some toys etc for kids there as she keeps stuff there for when they holiday. I think she is reting it for E650 a week. I think the official holiday home site rents them for E850 pw.

Let me know if this is of any interest to you, Best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now