Talk

Advanced search

arenal den castel menorca anyone been?

(16 Posts)
mum2ds1 Thu 10-Jul-08 18:03:53

hi we (myself , partner and 5 year old son) r off to menorca arenal den castel 1 aug has anyone been we r staying in club agua marina this will be the first time we have taken our son abroad any one got any tips .
ive tried reviews of the place and people keep going on about a block and b block dont know which we r in
help?

badgermonkey Thu 10-Jul-08 18:13:13

We went last year but we stayed at the Thompson Gold hotel there. The resort is lovely - very small, but with a couple of restaurants and bars and a really nice beach. There were lots of Spanish families there when we went and although the resort doesn't have much for kids specifically, it's pretty nice. There are two small supermarkets/convenience shops, a couple of souvenir shops etc, so you're fine for ice-creams and toys etc.

I don't know much about your hotel although there seemed to be plenty of entertainment and stuff to do there - have you checked out Holiday Truths? I'm sure I read about the A and B block things when I was looking it up before we went. It's pretty much right on the beach, too, so not much lugging things backwards and forwards to be done.

We LOVED Arenal! It's peaceful but there are plenty of people around and we saw some fun tribute acts etc in the bars. You can go out if you want but there are hardly any lager lout types and everyone seemed really nice.

mum2ds1 Thu 10-Jul-08 21:14:20

badgermonkey
thanks for your reply , it does sound what we are after im just getting nervous now hmm
i always do b4 we go away
will check holiday truths out
thanx again

sarahpea Thu 17-Jul-08 08:32:46

mum2ds1 you'll have to let me know how you get on as i've just booked to go there 28th Aug with our 2 year old!

mum2ds1 Thu 17-Jul-08 15:21:11

hi sarahpea
r u staying in club agua marina too
ive read loads of reviews some good some bad but i suppose its what you make it really
i will let you know what its like when i get back
i cant believe we r going 2 weeks tommorow
really excited

bigspender30 Thu 17-Jul-08 17:01:34

Hi we went last year and stayed at the white sands. Not sure where your hotel is but this resort is brilliant for kids. Our ds was 1 when we took him and the restaurants were all geared up for kids. Lovely clean beach and nice families too. Have fun!

mum2ds1 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:32:24

sarahpea
well were back
had a fab time and would defo recomend both club agua marina hotel and arenal den castell
the hotel was spotlessley clean and our rooms although not huge were big enough for the three of us ( we were only sleeping in them afterall) we had air con ( yipeeeeeeeeee)top tip when u go out put a small piece of card the size of credit card in the slot and room stays really cool. and hired a fridge for around 20 quid.(needed for milk for ds and of course holiday tipple for us)
rooms were cleaned every day unless you stated otherwise. towels were changed regular and bed linen twice per week. the food was ok nothing special but was loads to choose from for all. they had three pools one of which was for kiddies only and a adult only jacuzzie.
the actual resort arenal den castell was really nice and quiet grin there was a spar , another supermarket(small) a tobacconist a pefume shop and a souviner shop and also bars and restraunts, but its not in your face its lovley
the beach is to die for omg so fab kids loved it we couldnt get my ds out of the water!
at one end of the beach is a snack bar and the other is a place called goody goody which is brill at night its got a bouncy castell a few arcade games that dispense tickets and a few ride on cars my ds had a great time. we would love to return there another year.
hope this helps
sorry for any spelling mistakes smile

sarahpea Fri 15-Aug-08 08:00:09

wow thanks for that mum2ds1, 2 weeks today and we'll be on our way!grin feeling alot more relaxed now knowing its not an awful place! i dont suppose you noticed if there were plenty of highchairs in the dining room? not sure whether to take my own travel one

How long did it take you to get to the resort from the airport?

i'm sure i'll have some more questions - hope you dont mind!

mum2ds1 Sun 17-Aug-08 17:24:18

hey hun fire away ill answer waht i can
didnt take much notice of high chairs to be honest but did notice there was a microwave which people were using to heat milk and baby food in most potato products are fried or mashed it would of been nice to see some new potatos but hey ho
hope you have a really good time we did
top tip buy a cheap parasol out there for around 8 euros you will need it! they dont provide any round the pool!!!!!

mum2ds1 Sun 17-Aug-08 17:26:10

oops soz just spotted you question on transfer time. i think it was about 30 to 40 mins because we dropped off at one other hotel.

mum2ds1 Thu 21-Aug-08 22:14:33

sarahpea

one week and counting hun bet your really excited now
if i dont hear from you have fun im sure you will like it i hope you do anyway.
i asked my dp about highchairs and he said he did see some there .

sarahpea Thu 28-Aug-08 09:42:23

omg i cant believe its finally here...excited?.... yes!

fly at 5.30 tomorro morning will let you know how we get on!!! thanks for your comments

mum2ds1 Thu 28-Aug-08 12:03:43

look forward to hearing your comments i hope you all have as good a time as we did
have fun

sarahpea Mon 22-Sep-08 11:18:00

we had a brilliant time, everything went smoothly! we onlt spent one afternoon round the pool but my little girl kept running off so we went to the beach everyday - she couldnt run away as fast in the sand!! it was so gorgeous tho, would definately go again but dont think i'd like to be in B block as too near the naff entertainment, we were in a block.

yivvy Fri 22-Jan-10 17:57:55

Hi, we're hoping to go to Menorca in May and have looked at Arenal de Castell, Cala Galdana and Fornells. We'll be travelling with my daughter Emilia who will be 21 months. Have seen a lovely villa in Arenall, but have read bad reports about steps to beach and also that it can be windy?? Any comments or other info from visitors to Menorca, and Arenall in particular please. Am getting so neurotic and in decisive since having baby!! Also, is it REALLY REALLY quiet?? We're not looking to party or anything but do love eating out and with a 21 month year old in tow need some kinda entertainment, albeit a decent play area! Oh, and bars!

sarahpea Sat 15-Jan-11 19:45:34

we've just booked to go back to aguamarina in June, we went to Cala Galdana last year as we were worried about going back to arenal as it was so good last time and didnt want to be disappointed BUT we wished we had, didnt like cala galdana, we went early June and resort was just setting up for the season, we stayed at Confortel Anabel and food was vile - walk to the beach was a trek and the bridge to the beach smelt of sewage Arenal is not a busy resort but was perfect for us with a 23 month old - she fell asleep in pushchair in the evenings so we went to waikiki bar which was quiet but nice to enjoy adult time - beach was perfect, there was an irish bar with live music but didnt go as baby was asleep. NOt many places to eat out in the evening if i recall, lovely place overlooking the bay tho that we used to goto for lunch - they were really child friendly - all places like to dish out sweet lollipops to little ones tho!! roll on June!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now