Talk

Advanced search

CAR SEATS ON EASY JET?

(21 Posts)
hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 13:27:35

anyone taken a booster/car seat on easy jet, do they charge you?

hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 18:06:07

anyone?

ClareVoiant Thu 10-Jul-08 18:14:35

i phoned them about this exact question only last week. its fine, you can check it in and they wont charge you. however!!!! the woman told me we couldnt take a buggy and a car seat if we only had one child!!!! wtf so we need to choose. basically you can check in one item for free, whether it be a buggy, travel cot or car seat.

hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 18:25:51

thankyou, ill have to choosesmile

ClareVoiant Thu 10-Jul-08 19:05:43

i did consider checking in the car seat and wheeling the buggy up to the plane. i think you could get away with it that way. how old is your lo?
ds is nearly 3 so we dont really use the buggy much, for us a car seat would be much more useful. however, he's very heavy to carry around if falls asleep, i'm still in 2 minds about dragging the buggy through the airport....

hifi Thu 10-Jul-08 19:12:52

shes 4, hasnt been in a buggy for about 3 months now, its if we are out late and she falls asleep. i looked at the hire car place car seats and they were disgusting, grubby.

ClareVoiant Fri 11-Jul-08 09:56:38

Thats exactly our dilemma with the buggy :-) also car seat could not be guaranteed from car hire, plus it's an extra 40quid for the 2 weeks if we can get one. I am going to buy a high back booster to take with us. That way we'll have a spare too. Good tip from mn was to make sure you only take a spare seat with you in case it gets lost on the way home. Where are you going? We're off to france, i'm very excited, its our first holiday abroad as a family :-)

hifi Fri 11-Jul-08 13:43:04

mallorca, one wee, i have a high bac booster, does it make a difference between that and a car seat? you will have a fab time.

ClareVoiant Fri 11-Jul-08 15:42:40

no, no difference, a bit lighter i suppose :-) we have a stage 1 in the car, but he's big enough for a stage 2 now.

hifi Fri 11-Jul-08 16:23:15

yhin i will get one of those small boosters and pack it.

blueskythinker Fri 11-Jul-08 22:16:04

Hifi, If you have paid for your DC plane ticket (which you would have done since she is 4), then you are entitled to bring a forward facing carseat on to the plane for free. You are also entitled to bring the pram to the aircraft gate (also free). IME, easyjet are more then happy to give you the option of checking both items into the hold. I will try to get you the link on their website.

blueskythinker Fri 11-Jul-08 22:19:30

From Easyjet website:
Pushchairs, buggies, and travel cots can be taken right up to the aircraft steps and/or door, where they will be taken by cabin crew and stored in the hold. You can however check it in with your baggage at check-in, if you wish to do so. Full size, non-collapsible prams cannot be accepted for travel.

Pushchairs, prams and travel cots do not form part of the baggage allowance and therefore no fee will be charged.

here

blueskythinker Fri 11-Jul-08 22:23:02

And info on car seats here:
No more than two infants per accompanying person are allowed. Infants under two weeks of age will not be accepted for travel.

Children aged two years or over must occupy their own seat and pay the same fares as adults.

It is the accompanying person's responsibility to ensure that the minor is adequately secured into the aircraft seat. To this end easyJet will accept a car seat supplied by the accompanying person for any child over six months for whom an airline seat has been purchased, provided that the car seat has a rigid metal or plastic frame, is no wider than 42cm, includes lap, shoulder and crotch straps, and is upright and forward facing. The required restraint device for the age of the infant is detailed below:

Between 2 weeks - less than 6 months: infant/extension seat/safety belt.
Between 6 months to less than 2 years: infant/extension seat or suitable car-type safety seat.
Between 2 years to less than 3 years: any suitable car-type safety seat or seat/safety belt
3 years or more: seat/safety belt.

If an adult is travelling with more than one infant under the age of two years, but no less than six months, one infant may sit on the accompanying adult's lap and the other infant(s) must occupy separate seats and be seated in a car seat in accordance with the above table.

An adult with two or more infants aged six months or less cannot be accepted for travel.

A child between the ages of two and three years may be seated in a car seat in accordance with the above table.

here

RegenerAitch Fri 11-Jul-08 22:27:07

take the buggy round the airport, it's great. you need to have it if the child needs to sleep if the flights are delayed... plus you can hang all your hand luggage on it.

hifi Sat 12-Jul-08 19:00:10

thank you very much.smile

RainingCatsandDogs Sat 12-Jul-08 20:16:17

Every time we have flown easyjet - quite alot - (last time in April this year) we have taken a travel cot,buggy and car seat for ds.We check in the car seat and cot - no charge - and take the buggy up to the aircraft steps then fold it and it is put in the hold.
There has never been any problem or charge for taking all these items.We also take an extra booster car seat for dd which is also carried at no charge.All these items are separate to their (if applicable) luggage allowances. Never had to choose between a car seat or buggy .

ClareVoiant Sat 12-Jul-08 20:35:29

thats good to know rainingcatsanddogs. i thought it was a bit odd, as if you were travelling with a small baby, you would need both. the woman on the phone said it was cos we only had one child hmm.

RainingCatsandDogs Sat 12-Jul-08 20:43:18

Yes, did seem strange advice.We have 2 but only one is a baby needing the cot and buggy!We have always been fine with easyjet.

piglips Fri 18-Jul-08 20:52:49

Hi yah,
My dd is less than 2 years old (not paying full fare) can we take a buggy AND a carseat on the flight for no extra charge?
Cheers

elizabethsmum Fri 18-Jul-08 21:09:28

Hi

we flew to Rome with Easyjet last year when DD was 15 months old (so didn't pay for a seat for her) and we had no problem taking a car seat, travel cot and buggy (which we took up to the gate with us) for no extra charge. Also found that Easyjet were very family friendly with priority check in at Rome and priority boarding there and back.

HTH

quinne Tue 22-Jul-08 18:31:23

We had problems sometimes with the buggy flying back into the UK. One of the big companies which basically does the baggage handling (interservis or something) have a health and safety issue with lifting buggies. So they won't take it to the plane door for you and you have to get ti from the baggage carousel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now