Talk

Advanced search

Got 5 days kid free, want beach rest, no bloody budget, is Corfu all inclusive or Ibiza etc going to be that awful?

(12 Posts)
Piffle Thu 10-Jul-08 11:07:41

Tis all we can afford due to stupid days we have childcare for
monday-friday... 28 July-2/3 august
GRRR
if we could leave sunday we'd have lots more choice
But we can almost afford Corfu and some cheap Ibizan ones
We cna self cater no probs, only want to sit by pool, go to beach eat out most nights and RELAX

Piffle Thu 10-Jul-08 11:14:45

oh to add this type of hoilday would normally be My Nightmare but DP desp needs a beach hol as he is burned out...

Oliveoil Thu 10-Jul-08 11:17:52

I would go Ibiza over Corfu tbh

I have stayed in San Antonio Bay (way back in my raver days) and although the town itself was a bit hmmmm, you can easily travel into Ibiza town

beach was fine

can you get a car? then you can drive about and find better places

Piffle Thu 10-Jul-08 11:20:55

we could hire car... im no raver olive grin but have heard that many parts of Ibiza are lovely

Oliveoil Thu 10-Jul-08 11:22:24

I am no raver either anymore

but Ibiza is lovely in places, it is not all 18-30 booze ups

iirc the north of the island is peaceful

what about Fuereventura (definitely spelt wrong)

Piffle Thu 10-Jul-08 11:26:39

would love F ventura but bit pricey...
bloody petrol prices GRRRRRR hence the budget constraints, DPs commute costs are MAD

Oliveoil Thu 10-Jul-08 11:30:44

I remember your thread

do you have any links we can peruse or do want people to find you something

my hotel was a bit meh (from what I can remember) too big and full of english oiks (me included)

villa/self catering?

wheelybug Thu 10-Jul-08 11:33:22

I think you can find nice places in both Corfu and Ibiza but Ibiza especially - just avoid San Antonio Mainly in Ibiza.

Piffle Thu 10-Jul-08 11:45:40

self catering, ok but of a foodie so all incl would test me, not DP he eats anything...

Only in room to sleep I guess, so long as it's cockroach free with its own shower and loo...

Budget is low as poss...
seen sod all yet had quick check on lastminute found dead nice palce in UK for mega luxury break 40 mins from our house for £500 so competing with that really, can go about £350 each BUT our departure dates are grrrr

witchandchips Thu 10-Jul-08 11:55:38

this in mainland greece looks really nice but you'd need to get a cheap flight to athens

Piffle Thu 10-Jul-08 12:01:22

i think we'd need an all in flight/hotels transfers deal tbh
just realised we got tons of airmiles so am seaching airmiles now for deals

Piffle Fri 11-Jul-08 12:42:08

we've decided on Cotswolds pubs ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now