Talk

Advanced search

Neilson holiday

(11 Posts)
barny2 Tue 08-Jul-08 19:20:05

Hi
New to the site.
Please could anyone offer any advice or tell me of any experiences when travelling on a Neilson holiday thinking of going to Lemnos or Lesvos.

We're hoping to travel in September this year with our 2 year old and 6 month old.

Any comments about Neilson holidays?

Anything gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

Barny2

lalaa Tue 08-Jul-08 20:09:43

Have been on three Neilson holidays. DD was 3.10, 4.11 and 5.5 respectively so can't comment on the babycare, and we went to different centres, so can't help you there either. (!) However, my sister had her 18 month old in the starfish club during our most recent holiday and she rated it very highly. The nanny was brilliant! Our childcare has been great too and I have to say that when we went on the first holiday, it was the first time since dd was born that, when we returned, I actually felt like I'd had a holiday!
The sailing kit is pretty good too, and the attitude of the staff is professional but laid back, which is just what we wanted.
Personally, I think Neilson are great.

Oh, and welcome!

barny2 Tue 08-Jul-08 21:42:58

Thanks for comments Lalaa, must be good to have gone back 3 times.

dipsymummy Tue 08-Jul-08 23:29:41

we've just got back from Sivota in Greece and it was absolutely fab!! it was our first neilson holiday and we went with our 2 and 4 year old.
we never ever go back to the same place but we are definetly going to go back to Sivota.

Only thing I'd say is that there are a LOT of steps so something to think about.

janinlondon Wed 09-Jul-08 12:04:58

We've done Anastasia in Halkidiki and it was superb. Wonderful hotel. Very good food. Fabulous childcare. Kids in clubs were having the time of their lives. Going again to Lesvos this year. Lemnos looks good because of the very short transfer, but we couldn't get a booking this year. Prefer Neilson to both Warner and Sunsail.

lalaa Thu 10-Jul-08 13:32:36

yes, loved anastasia too - that was the one we went to first.

Sivota wind is a bit light, I've heard. and the steps........nightmare!

dipsymummy Thu 10-Jul-08 23:50:38

tbh, steps took a bit of getting used to in Sivota but everything i very contained so not really a problem-at least not for us. But if you needed a buggy then it would be a bit of a pain.

yes-wind was a bit light on some days but there is so much else to do.

It is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have holidayed at.Loved it!!

barny2 Fri 11-Jul-08 11:43:56

Thank you all for comments - sounds great.

annh Fri 11-Jul-08 17:24:04

We spent May half term with Neilson in Vassiliki and had a fab time. It is a windsurfing/biking centre rather than sailing and according to dh (I couldn't be persuaded onto a windsurf if you paid me!) the kit is all new and good quality. I think the best bit is that the staff are all young and enthusiastic and always available to help get your stuff off the beach. All the sails are pre-rigged anyway so it's easy to change over as the wind changes.

Childcare was great, my two refused to leave at lunch and would have been very happy to stay for tea too. It was very water-based but I think that was because that particular group of kids wanted to be in the water all the time so they did windsurfing, swimming, kayaking etc.

We have been once before with Neilson but will definitely be returning more often now as the boys are older and more independent so everyone gets value from the holiday.

noneshallsleep Fri 11-Jul-08 19:45:15

Another big thumbs up. Have been to Sivota (the most pretty place you could want, but as everyone says, lots of steps!!) Lemnos and, most recently, Lesvos. Between the last two, I rate Lesvos slightly higher - longer transfer, but the resort feels more "intimate" than Lemnos, and the nearby town is lovely and only a flat 10 min walk away - lots of bars and restaurants on the beach. The forum on the Neilson website is really informative too - if you search you'll find plenty of Lesvos v Lemnos debate. You and the children will have a great time!

barny2 Sat 12-Jul-08 11:38:34

Thank you all, will check out the Neilson forum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now