Talk

Advanced search

Special place to stay in Mallorca / south Spain with young children??

(7 Posts)
pregnabrain Mon 07-Jul-08 17:21:22

We want to go to Spain (esp Mallorca) in late August and really want to find somewhere special to stay. We've got dd1 (3 years old) and dd2 (will be 3 months old).

Want to be near a nice beach and stay in accommodation with a kitchen (going out to eat in the evening won't be easy, obviously).

We don't want to stay in a big resort. Our ideal scenario would be a finca or a farm where dd1 can enjoy feeding animals etc, ideally where she might also meet other kids, and that has a pool.

Asking the world? Moi? grin

Any recommendations or can you point me in the direction of a book or website to help?

muchas gracias

MelT76 Tue 08-Jul-08 13:07:24

Magic of Spain used to do out of the ordinary hols, not the usual package stuff. A bit more expensive but worth a look.

Swedes Tue 08-Jul-08 14:53:32

Pollenca (the town) is lovely. We used to rent a large house (with a swimming pool and it own olive grove). It was brilliant but had no electricity apart from two solar panels which provided sufficient electricity to boil the kettle about three times a day. grin It was extremely basic but extremely gorgeous. It was just outside Pollensa - about 20 mins walk/5 mins drive.

pregnabrain Tue 08-Jul-08 20:12:51

ooh yes pollenca is fab. really nice market. will check out accommodation round there. i think we might need electricity!

will have a look at magic of spain too

janeashersbookofspacecakes Tue 08-Jul-08 22:36:29

I like a spanish website called toprural.com which has plenty of rural self catering. For example this one: here

janeashersbookofspacecakes Tue 08-Jul-08 22:37:32

Forgot to say toprural is written in spanish but I think there's an English version.

Ruthiebabes Thu 10-Jul-08 22:43:11

I would highly recommend puerto pollensa, look at the fab website puerto pollensa.com.

We have just returned from 11 days there. I can honestly say it is the nicest resort I have ever been to. Large enough to have a good selection of restaurants and shops, but no neon lights or amusements. It is a really lovely resort suitable for families (went with 2 and 4 yr old boys).

The beach is geat, shallow and warm so ideal for the children.

We loved it.. as you can tell!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now