Talk

Advanced search

Greek island in June - maybe Kefalonia?

(7 Posts)
smurfgirl Sun 29-Jun-08 14:43:03

I want to go away to a Greek island for a girly holiday next June for a week. It would be me and my friend, we are both in our early twenties.

I do not want a 18-30s Falaraki style resort, but would like somewhere with a few restuarants and bars. Not dead of an evening but not really really busy.

I quite fancy Kefalonia but not sure really? Maybe Kos?

I have done Zante loads, and am not mega keen on Corfu and Skiathos is not an option.

Any ideas for resorts we should go to? Our overall budget is not mega but I think we can afford something ok.

bigpigonadig Sun 29-Jun-08 21:42:13

Parga on the mainland or the resort of Vasiliki in Lefkas would be quieter?

jellyjelly Tue 29-Jul-08 16:04:04

Hello

I stayed in Kefalonia when i was pregnant - about 5 months, i really didnt like it, there was 2 restaurants and no bars. I admit i wasnt looking for a boozy break/late nights but something would have been nicer.

My advice check how far you are from the beach ie outs was 45 mins walking up down an enormous bendy road.

PollyLogos Tue 29-Jul-08 16:14:54

Santorini would suit I think. Things to do and see - volcanoe, Akrotiri (a village buried by volcanic explosion like pompeii),various different beaches black volcanic sand, red sand and normal sand! Some great busy but not 18-30 type villages. As its fairly south of mainland greece you will get good weather in June ie hot and sunny but not too hot.

Murtola Tue 29-Jul-08 20:25:16

I would suggest Pefkos in Rhodes, has a lovely beach and several bars/tavernas. Would be just right for what you are looking for.

smurfgirl Wed 30-Jul-08 17:06:53

Thanks for these replies.

We are now looking at Lassi in Kefalonia, I really fancy Santorini but it seems expensive for what you get?

Lots of the apartments seem to be miles away from anywhere as well. Hmmm.

forevared Thu 31-Jul-08 10:02:45

Hi, Lassi is definitely your best bet if you want some nightlife, although it is a big resort and might be a bit busy for what you want. We stay in Skala when we go and we love it. Great if you don't want hectic, but lots of bars and restaurants. There's a nightclub just out of town and you can easily catch a cab from the main square. Let me know if you want more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now