Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

christmas markets

(4 Posts)
natmeistergeneral Tue 25-Sep-07 16:45:54

Has anybody been to a christmas market in europe with their dc? The one in Copenhagen and Bruges sound really beautiful- all twinkly lights, lovely xmas craft stalls and outdoor ice-rinks. Am seriously tempted but wondered if anyone had been, what they thought and which one came out top before I booked anything!

MaryBS Tue 25-Sep-07 17:27:40

The one at Bruges isn't that big, but I found it was lovely for our children because of this. Bruges itself isn't that big either, so you can walk everywhere. Add to that, nice coffee shops and chocolate shops, what more could you wish for?

I don't know if they still do it, but they used to do ice sculpture exhibitions that were totally fantastic and a MUST see.

Slacker Tue 25-Sep-07 17:56:57

We went to the one in Montreux last year, on Christmas eve - it was a lovely setting by the lake and the children enjoyed it for a couple of hours. But I don't think I'd make a special trip just to take them (we were en route to a ski resort). It was very expensive too, as the children kept finding more last minute Christmas presents for each other and me/DH!

ruty Tue 25-Sep-07 17:58:14

we're going to one in Heidelberg as we have friends there. It is not that big but apparently very nice. I'd love to go to Copenhagen though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now