Talk

Advanced search

when is half term? am looking for a week cheap deal somewhere warm for oct 8th for 2 adults and cant seem to find much...

(13 Posts)
NappiesGalore Mon 24-Sep-07 23:19:05

is that coz its half term then?

what am i doing wrong?

PillockOfTheCommunity Mon 24-Sep-07 23:20:33

in our area it's the week of 15th October

NappiesGalore Mon 24-Sep-07 23:26:34

mine are the 22nd onwards but thats poncy prep school dates...
none of the rest of may family have ponce budgets for things like holidays and am looking on behalf of my cousin and her boyf. who need time away together before they forget what each other looks like. if we dont find owt, they'll go and stay with him mum again, which all good and well but...

you know what i mean?

PillockOfTheCommunity Mon 24-Sep-07 23:27:38

wouldn't be much of a break for them would it! they don't have children?

NappiesGalore Mon 24-Sep-07 23:41:56

nope.
and nope.

chance would be a fine thing, i think theyd say! (to the having children Q that is) they each work away a lot, and when their timetables dont match up too well, they can go ages without meeting. and they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lovely. such a brilliant match.

smile

PillockOfTheCommunity Tue 25-Sep-07 00:05:28

does it have to be somewhere hot? and do you think they'd be prepared to just wing it? lots of very good late deals if you can be flexible, just go into Travel agent on the firday before and ask what they have leaving that weekend!

NappiesGalore Tue 25-Sep-07 00:13:43

you think walking in soewhere is going to be a better bet than inernet searching?
tried lastminute, expedia, thomsontravel, travelsupermarket.com, teletextonline (most promising)

and yes, they are flexible.

PillockOfTheCommunity Tue 25-Sep-07 00:17:27

yep, my sister and her then fiance (now dh) walked into a Travel Agent and said they wanted to travel over that weekend or early the following week, didn't care where, what had they got.

Ended up somewhere that escapes me at the moment, but think it was South Africa, or at least over that way, for about 30% of what it should have cost

NappiesGalore Tue 25-Sep-07 00:27:47

sounds good.

she wants to speand about 300 knicker. is that crazy-hopeful? or within the realms, do you think?

PillockOfTheCommunity Tue 25-Sep-07 00:30:19

having never done it myself I couldn't tell you! but if she went in this week to see some I'm sure they could giver her some idea of how likely it was

I did know one couple that turned up at the agent with their suitcases packed and just asked what they had leaving that day shock

also keep looking at all those sites, as more will come available the later it gets, and cencellations be re-offered etc

TeeJaye Tue 25-Sep-07 01:07:17

Plenty within that price range (I'm assuming you mean £300 each!) for Cyprus travelling on the 10th with My Travel.

TeeJaye Tue 25-Sep-07 01:13:30

The Club Julian apartments in Marmaris are available from the 8th for £467 in total! shock You were definitely looking in the wrong place! grin

WendyWeber Tue 25-Sep-07 01:18:08

Mostly it's the 20th in England and the 13th in Scotland - you've been caught by all the people getting in the week before cos it's cheaper!

lol at 300 knicker (in the vernacular it doesn't usually have the k you know)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now