Talk

Advanced search

Grasse, France

(8 Posts)
kiskidee Sat 22-Sep-07 16:39:33

Have you visited or stayed? I will be taking along a 3yo and dh.

Also important, will it be gawdawful hot in early Aug? I hear taht it is 400m or so above sea level which should give some respite. True or not.

kiskidee Sat 22-Sep-07 21:06:41

,/

aDad Sat 22-Sep-07 21:13:23

It's pretty hot round there in august tbh!

But not far from there you can day trip to the coast obvioulsy, or the Lac St Cassien which is great for swimming and really not far away. And the Gorges du Verdon are worth a trip and seriously impressive.

aDad Sat 22-Sep-07 21:14:01

I love that area

aDad Sun 23-Sep-07 11:07:54

I just thought of another thing to do to keep cool round there - there were some smallish caves nearby that you could have guided tours round. Something to do to keep out of the heat for an hour!

A tour of one of the parfumeries is essential too, and pretty fascinating, although maybe less so for your 3 y.o. But they dont take too long.

kiskidee Mon 24-Sep-07 00:31:48

oh, no. i don't like the med in aug. i was hoping being a little higher up from the coast would take some of the heat out.

aDad Mon 24-Sep-07 15:01:08

August is pretty reliably hot there actually!

The only way i stay sane there is by swimming daily. Do remember the Lac St Cassien - it could be a lifeline if you dont have a pool. It's vast, has plenty of beaches, and is not far away.

There are plenty of rivers around but not ideal with children as there's usually a lot of clambering to be done to find a good spot and fast flowing water.

LilRedWG Mon 24-Sep-07 15:02:39

DD & I went to Castellane (about 30 miles away from Grasse) this August - it was hot during the day with coolish evenings/early mornings!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: