Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to CORFU (Sidari) in OCT???

(16 Posts)
princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 16:14:54

We've found a holiday but don't know much about Corfu.

I have 2 friends who lived there but can't get hold of them.

I understand Sidari is quite busy but am thinking that it will be a little quieter in October.

Any one been or have any info on it? temperature , prices of meals etc smile

TIAxx

princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 16:22:26

Anyone ?

princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 16:39:11

Can nobody help ......??

jaynehater Sun 16-Sep-07 16:52:59

We went to Kassiopi in Sep/Oct, but it was six years ago, so probably not much use, sorry sad

policywonk Sun 16-Sep-07 17:04:23

Haven't been there, but used to go to Paxos (just south of Corfu) a lot, and I know that the weather usually 'breaks' there around mid-September. After that it's a lot cooler and occasionally wet (although probably still a lot nicer than here). Mind you, they've been having a heatwave this year so who knows?

MrsSpoon Sun 16-Sep-07 17:10:10

I don't know anything about Corfu but do know quite a bit about going on holiday in October, if that helps? We have been in October often and have on occasion been to very busy resorts and found them to be very quiet in October. As policywonk says, you may find the weather breaks, had this in Greece before although it was late October when this happened.

princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 17:38:37

Thanks everyone.

Maybe its a no then!!

Mrs Spoon where do you go in Oct for nice weather? (is it you that has the apartment?)

Anyway dh just remembered we have a wedding to go to ( on the 27th)so can't go on the holiday I was thinking of (thats not back till the 30th). We need to go earlier -18/19/20th so we're back in time for the wedding.

MrsSpoon Sun 16-Sep-07 17:54:57

princessmel, we have been to Zante, Turkey, Fuerteventura and La Manga in Spain (where we have our apartment) in October. Have been a few other places late September before DS1 started School.

When we were in Zante the weather was lovely but did break the last couple of days we were there (it was the very end of October by this time), we were in Lagana which at the time was a busy 'young' resort and it was very quiet. We had fabulous weather in Turkey in the 90s most days, staying in Gumbet/Bodrum it was also quiet. Again fantastic weather in Fuerteventura, we did have rain a couple of times but it was so light and over so quickly it was laughable. Last October we were in La Manga and the weather was great, a few of the days you could still be on the beach until 6pm/7pm at night, we had one overcast day which was fine for driving about, hoping for some similar weather this year as we go a month today.

princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 18:07:49

Thanks Mrs spoon

We've been to Zante, Lagana in oct too now I think about it. It was pre kids though so I can hardly remember!!

What did you think of Turkey? I've heard mixed reviews.

Surfermum Sun 16-Sep-07 18:13:04

I was in Sidari in June, stayed at Legends Apartments. I don't know how quiet it would be in October. What I can tell you is that the food was fantastic (I always opted for Greek) and really cheap. I think we used to spend around 20 euros for a meal for 2/3 (dd was 4) with wine.

princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 18:27:28

ooh thanks surfermum.

The holiday we first saw is out. Its too late and we'll miss a wedding. But we can go to the same place a week earlier. ds will have to miss a few days of school though....
Or we find somewhere elae that goes a bit later. hmm.

MrsSpoon Sun 16-Sep-07 18:35:23

Zante was prekids for us too (honeymoon in fact), we went to Turkey around 11 years ago (again it was prekids) and thought it was lovely however we had upset tummies from a couple of days into the holiday until after we were home again which wasn't so good. Just been speaking to a childless friend who has just been to Marmaris with her DH and said they had a fantastic time and it was lovely, she said they would definitely go back to Turkey.

MrsSpoon Sun 16-Sep-07 18:38:02

Should add I think Turkey is the most beautiful country we have ever visited. We visited before the new airport opened near Bodrum so had a four hour transfer from the airport to our apartment but the scenery was absolutely stunning, although there were times on the coach that I was absolutely terrified, think cliff edges, narrow roads, no safetly barriers.

princessmel Sun 16-Sep-07 20:25:54

Ok, Dh found one in Portugal. Weather meant to be 21 ish. Any good??

MrsSpoon Sun 16-Sep-07 20:33:54

Would imagine Portugal would be similar to Spain at that time of year. We have been to Portugal in November and the weather wasn't too bad. 21 degrees is like a nice summer here IMO (although we are in Scotland).

lisad123 Sun 16-Sep-07 20:40:07

we went just outside of there in Oct about 7 years ago. Was lovely, quiet but a little bit cold.
HTH
L

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now