Talk

Advanced search

Rome: Ciampino to Vatican, what transport to use and how much?

(8 Posts)
Isababel Sat 15-Sep-07 09:19:47

Hi,

We are going to Rome in October and are arriving at Ciampino in the night (10ish) however, I need to be at the Vatican before midnight to meet with the lady who is renting us her flat.

Do you know of a taxi service I can book in advance? or how long it will take from Ciampino to St Peter's and more or less how much I should pay. I have had some bad experiences with taxists in Rome so don't really want to feel they have overcharged us (or took us for an unrequested scenery trip) on the first night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ImBarryScott Sat 15-Sep-07 09:27:39

Taxis rank outside the airport. we went 3 years ago to Trastevere, which is fairly near Vatican, and paid about 35 euros I think.

kindersurprise Sat 15-Sep-07 09:39:45

I looked this up for our trip to Rome in 2 weeks, so cannot say if they are any good but here is one:

www.rome-limousine-airport.com/airport-taxi.htm

The city of Rome has a max fixed rate for taxis from the airpot to city centre. 40 euros. Make sure you get a proper taxi though. Will try to find the link about it.

kindersurprise Sat 15-Sep-07 09:42:01

here it is

Have fun!

Isababel Sat 15-Sep-07 09:57:11

Thank you for that

I'm tempted to go with the Limousin service. I'm fearingn a long queu at the taxi rank (and a very annoyed flat owner on arrival)

Theresa Sat 15-Sep-07 19:34:06

We went in July and arrived at about the same time and used the rome limosine service as recomended on either trip advisor or holiday truths, cant remember which! It was great, wasnt actually a limo (obviously) but some sort of nice big car, wasn't marked as a taxi. Driver was waiting in airport with card with our name on (and flight was about an hour late). He was pleasant but spoke virtually no English wihc wasnt a problem. We also used them to take us back to the airport from the hotel and got the same driver and he was bang on time. Also very pleasant emails exchanged before we went with a lady called Carlotta I think confirming fare etc

Eve Sat 15-Sep-07 19:50:19

what flat..we stayed in one recently near the Vatican?

Isababel Sun 16-Sep-07 11:54:22

Thanks for recommending it, we are definitively booking with them.

The apartment is 100 meters from St Peters, in a street that runs paralel to the Via Della Concilliazione

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now