Talk

Advanced search

Where is a good place to go.

(14 Posts)
devil Sun 26-Aug-07 20:45:38

my mil has offered to take 8Adults and 2children away next june,but said she will only wants to pay £3ooo!!!!
i have been searching every tour op and i think she is living in cookoo land.
any ideas please.smile

onlyWotz Sun 26-Aug-07 20:48:39

thats a budget of £300 per person and if it abroad with flights, it won't go far will it?

Why not rent a place in the UK for a week, you could get somewhere lovely and have spending money left for days out.

choosyfloosy Sun 26-Aug-07 20:49:00

Maybe not at all what you're looking for but my PILS use this organisation Chez Nous fo rprivately owned selfcatering French places. Have a look. smile

WestCountryLass Sun 26-Aug-07 21:20:21

That is a tight budget, will any of the other adults make a contribution?

One idea might be to get a villa somewhere you can get cheap Easyjet/Ryanair flights to?

onlyWotz Sun 26-Aug-07 21:24:00

Use skyscanner, it is very good for low cost airlines to see price comparisons..here

devil Sun 26-Aug-07 22:35:14

She wants abroad 2weeks,AIC or villa.
yes adult willing to put extra £100 each.
my husband and i would like to stay hotel as there will be lots of children for our son.if he is happy so are we.
not sure if i could share villa with mil for 2weeks!grin

onlyWotz Sun 26-Aug-07 22:43:59

I would like to spend £1400 for a family of 4, for 2 weeks all Inclusive in a hotel, let me know if you find anything half decent and I'll come too. We spent the best part of £750 for just our flights to spain this summer.

WestCountryLass Mon 27-Aug-07 21:56:07

I think you will have to book last minute to get it within budget for two weeks.

devil Mon 27-Aug-07 23:25:01

Thanks for ideas any other help please.
onlywotz;will look for you too you never know we might get a bargin.hmm

devil Thu 30-Aug-07 20:13:53

onlywotz try www.otbeach.com

ska Tue 04-Sep-07 14:20:23

try hays travel - we got half term holiday may/june for £550 for 2 adults and 1 child and it was fab (greece)

JoshandJamie Fri 07-Sep-07 13:34:46

Try Tots to France - www.totstofrance.co.uk - they have a bunch of kid friendly villas that are big enough to take a large crowd and they aren't ridiculously priced.

This one is £1300 for a week and has 6 bedrooms, private swimming pool or this one that has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, pool, pizza oven, BBQ and costs.

You would need to still pay for flights but they airlines are the cheap ones like Ryanair, BMIBaby etc and they fly into Bergerac and Bordeaux.

Hope that helps

witchandchips Fri 07-Sep-07 13:40:29

camping in france?

Azure Fri 07-Sep-07 13:53:09

We stayed here last week - 16 of us, paid for by my parents. It was great. Only a 20 minute drive from Cherbourg and we each organised our own crossing, e.g. my parents got a cheap Dover-Bolougne ferry and others went directly to / from Cherbourg. Lovely beaches a short drive away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now