Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding in greece

(7 Posts)
Liska Thu 23-Aug-07 20:19:28

Anyone know about attitudes to public breast feeding in Greece (discreetly, obviously)? On the one hand they are very child friendly, but on the other, strictly orthodox, so I dont want to take a guess...

aloha Thu 23-Aug-07 20:20:42

Blimey, the beaches are full of naked Germans and the streets full of horribly burnt enormous people in skimpy halternecks and terrifyingly short shorts. I'd think a discreet nork would be a relief, frankly.

Brangelina Thu 23-Aug-07 20:22:38

I had absolutely no problems, everyone was really nice, I kept getting offered drinks. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

Liska Thu 23-Aug-07 20:24:15

Hmmmm, you have a point! I'll be in the north with the eastern european tourists - a combination of gorgeous slavic lovelies and big russian mamas, so it would probably be light relief DH is greek, so you'd think he would know (been here too long...), but I am very aware that what goes on the beach is strongly frowned upon just a couple of hundred yards away at the bus stop - even swimsuits.

ruddynorah Thu 23-Aug-07 20:27:04

often the most orthodox countries are the most supportive of breastfeeding, part and parcel of a traditional culture.

Liska Thu 23-Aug-07 20:27:06

Thanks, ladies - I will just go for it as usual. I would probably forget anyway, am so used to just wapping them out as necessary.

WestCountryLass Sun 26-Aug-07 20:46:06

I was still breatfeeding my DD and she was well over 2 when we went there and no one batted an eye lid. A couple of the waitresses said nice things and how they breastfed for ages too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now