Talk

Advanced search

Best all inclusive holiday resorts?

(10 Posts)
hamkin Wed 22-Aug-07 23:29:34

We are planning our first holiday abroard as a family next year and want to go all inclusive - possibly Spain, Greece - not too far. Ds1 wil be just turned 4 and ds2 will be 18 months. Any suggestions on the best resort to visit with kids of this age? Not that bothered about babysiting services, etc, as we will not be leaving them unattended. More interested in safety, nice food, cleanliness etc. Don't want to save up all year and be disappointed. Also, do you think 18 months is too young to be going abroard? How did your toddlers cope with the flights, etc?

orangehead Thu 23-Aug-07 00:05:43

dont know any places, but i have put a watch on this as we trying to plan a holiday soon. Regarding flights my ds1 first flew at 4 months, and when he 2 and half and his bro just turned one we flew 14 hrs to thailand and they were fine. but we did take a portable dvd player on the plane and had bob the builder on repeat, we were not sane after all that bob but it kept them quiet. Also give them sweets to suck for taking off and landing to prevent thier ears popping. Have a great time wherever u go

scienceteacher Thu 23-Aug-07 10:03:59

We've been to this place in Jamaica, and it was fab:

www.fdrholidays.com

cornsilk Thu 23-Aug-07 10:10:12

science teacher - the pebbles holiday looks fab - are they very expensive?

marbeth Thu 23-Aug-07 13:55:38

Hi Hamkin

I would recommend the Oceania Club Halkidiki. We have been 3 times and it is excellant.We book direct with hotel and 1st child stays free.Also under 2 are free. the hotelalso provides a free transfer service from the airport. Have a look on tripadvisor for the reviews. Also website is oceaniaclub.gr.

scienceteacher Thu 23-Aug-07 15:37:17

We've only been to the FDR resort, and those we met who had been to both preferred FDR.

It's fairly expensive - depends what you compare it to, though.

newgirl Fri 24-Aug-07 20:32:54

the mark warners etc are great in many ways and you dont have to book the childcare if you choose - they are great for food/space/safety/facilities/location etc

lovecamping Fri 24-Aug-07 20:44:22

we did club med in Tunisia a couple of yrs ago and dd2 was 11mths. it was great. food was lovely and really wide selection. the clubs were good. mainly french speakers but i was fine even though i dont speak any french.

they had their own buggies to hire during our stay (handy as we'd completely forgotten to bring ours), special room with huge fridge for milk and microwave for steralising, babies & toddlers also have own dinning room which is open for lunch & dinner - they even had pureed carrots, potatos etc.

there are loads of activities for us too - sailing, surfing, quadbiking, etc and we are 2 minutes to the beach. the villa's were cleaned daily and when we had ants, they acted on it straightaway.

would definitely go again and found club med fantastic. we paid £1500 for our 7 day trip.

arfur Sun 26-Aug-07 22:44:55

Have a look at the Louis Zante Beach Zante we had a fab time there and two groups of friends have been there on our recommendation and both loved it too. Right on beautiful clean beach brill food mini disco for kids in evening as many ice-creams as kids can eat fab pirate ship play area etc etc nice short flight too. HTH.

hamkin Mon 27-Aug-07 21:57:35

thanks a lot for all your suggestions. Been checking them out and they all seem great. Spoilt for choice now!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: