Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a nice hotel in Rome - not too pricey but nice for a 2 night stay!

(10 Posts)
detoxdiva Sun 19-Aug-07 08:29:43

Because me and dh are having our first break away from dd - 19mo!!

Would like it to be pretty central - we're going in Nov.

Thank You!

detoxdiva Sun 19-Aug-07 09:25:11

bluesky Sun 19-Aug-07 10:57:55

I can really recommend Hotel White, booked it direct, but it was also recommended by BA city breaks.

It is 2 min walk from the Trevi Fountain and we walked from there to the Colosseum one morning.

Traffic free road, restaurant next door, small-ish rooms, but they always are in European cities. Good breakfasts, very helpful on reception.

Would stay there again. And that is always a good recommendation!

NoNickname Sun 19-Aug-07 11:06:21

I don't know how much it costs - and you will probably get a deal on something like Expedia - but the ES Hotel (think it is now the Radisson ES Hotel) is fab. It has a rooftop pool, is near to Termini, is two minutes' walk from a tube (Vittorio Emmanuele) and the restaurant is superb (bit pricey) and the rooms are fantastic.

Here it is: www.rome.radissonsas.com/

detoxdiva Sun 19-Aug-07 12:07:07

Thanks...will get looking at those two for starters!

Nbg Sun 19-Aug-07 12:15:21

I have never been but I really recommend this site.

Not sure if you'll be able to see the list of results but if not just go to the home page and you'll be able to find some hotels at really good prices.

The first one at the top of this linkis 4 star and only £87

Aitch Sun 19-Aug-07 12:21:43

everywhere in rome is central, rome's weeny and chock-full of attractions so you'll always be on top of some old ruin or other. (please don't say that dh will too )

Nbg Sun 19-Aug-07 12:37:25

Oooh I want to go now!

Have found flights and hotel for only £200 for 3 days!

detoxdiva Sun 19-Aug-07 13:01:30

Lots more ideas..great! Have already booked the flights - 1p on Ryanair - so with taxs, me and dh have got 2 return flights for £40 - bargain

detoxdiva Sun 19-Aug-07 13:04:21

Nbg - that link is great - not used that site before. Hope dd stays asleep a bit longer so I can check it all out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now