Talk

Advanced search

Holiday essentials.

(8 Posts)
headlock Wed 09-Oct-19 20:45:35

What are your clothing holiday essentials? (Other than bikini/swimsuit). I'm going abroad next week to get some sun! Temperature expected to be around 25 degrees.

parrotfashionista Wed 09-Oct-19 21:55:56

A big scarf - good for chilly evenings, cover from the sun, wrapping up to go in a church or similar, on the beach etc

onemorecakeplease Wed 09-Oct-19 22:03:58

Me too!

I'm taking books, bikinis, dresses and cardigans plus sandals

Like the idea of the big scarf I'll be stealing that one!

SJane48S Thu 10-Oct-19 11:15:54

Coffee - the free sachets are often horrible and I need a cup or two before contemplating getting dressed! Travel iron (depends on what country you are going to but Italy for example won’t provide you with one in the hotel as they’re deemed a fire hazard). Hairdryer - hotel ones are usually slow and crap, no good for frizz prone hair. Mosquito repellants and plug ins. After sun. Paracetamol and plasters. Wipes. Sellotape over the top of shampoo’s etc as sods law if you don’t, one will leak everywhere. Lots of pants, not just one pair a day! Tampons. Travel adaptors and device chargers. If we’re self catering, I take herbs. Snacks for plane & a good book. Spare change of clothes in cabin luggage for DC in case of vomiting/on plane juice spillages.

SJane48S Thu 10-Oct-19 12:12:22

Sorry - just seem you said clothing!

PandaTurtle Thu 10-Oct-19 12:21:22

If its beach / pool based can be useful to have a sarong and beach footwear. Useful to have trousers for evenings to stop insects if that's a risk. Also take a few cardis. Worth taking suntan lotion as for some reason it's often super-expensive abroad.

headlock Thu 10-Oct-19 14:27:21

@SJane48S you have saved me writing a list! 😁💐

SJane48S Thu 10-Oct-19 18:41:35

😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »