Talk

Advanced search

2-3 day European trip at Christmas

(12 Posts)
HappyHolidays75 Tue 24-Sep-19 20:12:52

Any recommendations for a short haul trip for 2-3 days just before Christmas?
Flights are well priced for Barcelona and Prague but no doubt plenty of other places too!
Our budget is limited, so food and accommodation need to be reasonably priced too.
Kids aged 9-15.
Thanks!

PreschoolYes Tue 24-Sep-19 20:20:00

We've done Berlin just before Christmas, not with kids so can't comment on that. Assume plenty of hotel choice and food in pubs etc reasonable

DorisDaysDadsDogsDead Tue 24-Sep-19 20:48:57

Prague is good before Christmas. Christmas markets, tubs of carp on street corners...

SJane48S Sat 28-Sep-19 06:58:38

I like both cities but I’d go Prague too! It’s very atmospheric in winter and an incredibly beautiful city

cptartapp Sat 28-Sep-19 07:42:21

We're off to Seville.

HappyHolidays75 Sun 29-Sep-19 09:45:16

Thanks! I'll look more at flight prices.

caperplips Fri 04-Oct-19 15:58:09

We went to Prague in December last year. It was our second time to visit the city but previous time was in October.
It is a beautiful city!

caperplips Fri 04-Oct-19 15:59:40

I've been to Barcelona several times and it, too, it gorgeous. It also had a Christmas Market around the outside of the Gothic Cathedral just off Las Ramblas.

Herocomplex Fri 04-Oct-19 16:01:48

Budapest - very good value and so much to do. Those beautiful baths as well, lovely on a cold day!

CoolcoolcoolcoolcoolNoDoubt Fri 04-Oct-19 16:10:56

I've been to Bruges recently and think it would be a great Christmas break, really compact and easy to navigate on foot, and looks of stuff that would be interesting for the kids too. It will be more expensive when you're there than Prague, Budapest etc, but if you're based up North the ferry over there is very reasonable.

PandaTurtle Mon 14-Oct-19 12:15:58

Bruges is lovely and can do via Eurostar - prices can vary so depends if can get a good deal. Prague is lovely too. We did Rome at Christmas one year which was nice and got very lucky with the weather.

Beebumble2 Wed 23-Oct-19 22:38:50

Malaga, I’ve just got back. Fantastic coastal city. I’m planning to go back with DH in December to see the Christmas light show.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »