Talk

Advanced search

Which of these 2 AI holidays would you choose

(10 Posts)
HivesMind Fri 20-Sep-19 14:55:30

For those who are into All Inclusive, if you had to choose between these 2 holiday places, with KS2 age children, which one would you choose and why?

Option 1 = https://www.cretamaris.gr/

Option 2 = https://www.dreamplacehotels.com/en/hotel-gran-tagoro?&tc_alt=42059&n_o_pst=n_o_pst&n_okw=dreams%20gran%20castillo_b_1t1_m_13183336948&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Pj5pMbf5AIVRlXTCh2tZQJIEAAYASAAEgKYOfD_BwE

LochJessMonster Fri 20-Sep-19 15:02:43

Creta Maris.

Both look equal in terms of reviews and facilities for children but this one is right on the beach whereas the other is described as quite trek away.
Unless there is a huge price difference, I would choose the one on the beach.

muddledmidget Fri 20-Sep-19 15:07:13

It would depend on the time of year, Easter and the season in crete isn't fully started, easter/may half-term and the sea maybe isn't warm enough for swimming. Whereas I think the season is longer and the sea warmer in the canaries. Other than that, crete would always get my vote!

PenguinsRabbits Fri 20-Sep-19 15:16:07

Assuming its for the summer then the Creta Maris one as comes with a waterpark - will be seriously hot that time of year so need a waterpark and they are lots of fun. Anytime the waterpark is open I would prefer than one.

HivesMind Fri 20-Sep-19 16:03:28

Should also prob add at the 2nd option (Lanzarote) it'd be the Merlin Room...

HivesMind Fri 20-Sep-19 16:03:47

& time of year = Summer

zafferana Fri 20-Sep-19 17:28:48

I'd go to Lanzarote if it's the summer. Crete is absolutely roasting in July/Aug, whereas Lanzarote will be a pleasant 28-ish.

Snuffkindle Sat 21-Sep-19 08:16:00

They're very equally matched. I think the Lanzarote hotel looks slightly more attractive on the trip advisor photos (not by much) . But I think I would prefer to be in Crete. I don't think it's an area of Crete that would be top of my list but there's always the possibility for day trips. Didn't read the reviews too closely but maybe the food reviews can settle it...

HivesMind Sun 22-Sep-19 09:07:42

Thank you all! I think possibly leaning towards Crete on basis of food quality and reviews about cleanliness. I'd like to go to both one day smile Google seems to suggest weather similar at both, is Crete really that much hotter??

BarbaraofSeville Mon 23-Sep-19 09:03:04

I'd expect Crete to be very very hot (40C+) in the height of summer, whereas Lanzarote will be more like high 20s/low 30s. But the Crete sea will be warmer.

However, that Lanzarote hotel is quite a way outside Playa Blanca, 30-40 mins walk along the front to the marina, main town and main beach areas - the little beach you can see on google earth isn't up to much. So you'd have a long walk to a proper nice beach, or need to drive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »