Talk

Advanced search

Lake Garda

(7 Posts)
IceniSky Wed 18-Sep-19 10:55:09

I've read some of the old posts and think Garda and Bardolino are where we will focus.

Plan is for mid July next year. One DD aged 8. There are a few nice hotels but am not sure how child friendly. DD can be over excitable around a pool.

Any suggestions? There is a Eurocamp around there too but a few posts suggest they are going down hill?

Will 10 days be too much?

Will Venice be too far?

Ginfordinner Wed 18-Sep-19 15:57:36

We stayed in Garda the first time we went. DD was 11 and we stayed at Hotel Villa Mulino which is a family run hotel. The staff and service we received was outstanding. Pierro, the owner is brilliant and undertook all of the entertainment and is a very much hands on manager. The location was excellent, being a little away from the very busy main road.

The transfer from Verona airport wasn't too long either.

The only slight caveat is that the swimming pool isn't recommended for non swimmers as it is quite deep. I am 5'7" and the water was up to my neck.

IceniSky Wed 18-Sep-19 21:53:27

Booked up, although slightly worried as it's out a bit, Hotel Caesius, 2k from Bardolino. Not an issue for us but DD might find it a bit of a walk in the heat.

Could only book for 7 days so think we will give Venice a miss, and stick to boat trips around the lake.

Ginfordinner Wed 18-Sep-19 21:57:38

Visiting different towns round the lake by boat is the best way to see Lake Garda. Can I recommend Sirmione, Gardone and Malcesine. The slow, late afternoon boat back from Malcesine takes ages, as it criss crosses across the lake stopping at every town.

SunsetYorks Sat 21-Sep-19 16:59:49

I’ve just booked for next July, travelling by train from Milan. Any hotel recommendations?

Shmithecat2 Sat 21-Sep-19 17:08:51

We spent a week at Altomincio Family Park last month. The accommodation was slightly disappointing (mobile phone style) but the facilities were great. I'd go again but be very picky about which company I'd book through (NOT Human), and specify where abouts in the park I'd like to be placed. The main pool is fab, only 30cm deep, big slides, little slides etc.. lovely and warm with a soft floor.

Hire a car. Drive around Lake Garda. Travle the Monte Baldo cable car. Go to Movieland. The whole area is really fab for families..

Shmithecat2 Sat 21-Sep-19 17:09:42

Mobile home style, not phone confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »