Talk

Advanced search

How much spending money for Paphos ?

(5 Posts)
HomerDancing Sat 24-Aug-19 11:46:05

Hi

DP and I are going to just down the road from Paphos for two weeks. We are self catering and planning to have breakfast in the apartment everyday and most lunches (apart from on days out). We will probably have half dinners out and half in , as we don’t want to go mad spending lots of money , but do want to have a nice time... DP will probably have 3 or so beers and I will have 2/3 cocktails or wine or gin and tonic with our meals out.

We will have a car and have a few days out too.

How much would you take (not including the car cost)?

Would £800 be ok ?

Thanks

SolitudeIsHighlyOverrated Sat 24-Aug-19 21:23:52

I'd say that was an okay budget for that area. I always aim to spend x amount of money if we go self-catering but always have access to more just in case.

Eating out is actually quite cheap - a decent 3 course meal for 2 for approx. 50 Euros. You can get much cheaper but you would be getting garlic bread for your starter, ice cream for your dessert and a fairly basic main but it all depends on what you prefer. There are also all the usual fast food places, such as KFC.

Alcoholic drinks (beer) are around 3-5 Euros depending on whether it is a local one or imported. Not sure about cocktails.

For lunch we have always used a local supermarket/bakery for crusty bread, fresh fruit, cheese, water, fizzy drinks, etc. Prices are comparable to the UK. Wine is also fairly cheap - we bought a few different ones for evenings sitting out on the balcony.

Enjoy your trip.

countdowntonap Sat 24-Aug-19 21:29:22

DH and I spent €200 a day (average over a week) a couple of weeks ago. Car was an additional cost (€60 day). But, we are out for all lunch and dinner as once we drive out for the day, we wanted to stay out.

Mustbetimeforachange Sat 24-Aug-19 21:33:58

Crusty bread??? The best, softest pitta breads ever are the thing to eat! As for your question, OP, sorry, no idea but I still dream about the pitta.

HomerDancing Sat 24-Aug-19 23:15:19

Thanks all !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »