Talk

Advanced search

Long weekend beach holiday

(7 Posts)
WTF99 Thu 22-Aug-19 19:58:58

I've had a really rubbish year (chemo for breast cancer) and so.planning some treats for next year.
Me and a girlfriend are looking to have a long weekend away, Thursday to Monday, self catering, with a pool, on the beach, walkable to town, bars, restaurants. We're not looking for wild nightlife. Preferably flying from Birmingham.
Any suggestions? Thank yooouuu!

WTF99 Thu 22-Aug-19 19:59:46

Oh....forgot to say....we're looking at early May next year...

Lamentations Thu 22-Aug-19 20:04:23

Majorca and Menorca both have very good flight times to and from Birmingham and fly every day. That's where I'd look for a cheeky getaway.

which1 Thu 22-Aug-19 20:08:13

Why not put yourself into a hotel so you can eat there in the evenings or eat at restaurants rather than having the hassle of shopping / cooking / washing up etc?

Regards the where, if you're looking for a short flight duration as it's only a few days I suppose you could consider the Canaries, Algarve, south of France.

Lots of options...

Have fun.

Witchofzog Sat 24-Aug-19 16:15:02

Self catering for me just means not being restricted to eating in one restaurant. I never cook meals and we only buy drinks and snacks.

Early May would rule some places out. I guess it depends on how far you are prepared to fly. I have had some fab holidys in Greece in May. It's a longer flight but the weather could be a bit hit n miss though Rhodes n Crete are far south enough to be a good bet. Turkey would probably be warm too. Or the Algarve for a shorter flight time. Or perhaps Malta?

WTF99 Tue 27-Aug-19 23:51:15

Thanks for suggestions all. Think we're going to look at Menorca.

GreenTulips Tue 27-Aug-19 23:52:51

Go to skyscanner and check flight prices or Kayak gives you an idea

Look at all inclusive some are cheaper than self catering

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »