Talk

Advanced search

Summer 2020 looking expensive?

(7 Posts)
Fifteenthnamechange Thu 22-Aug-19 09:24:54

Looking to book soon for a Summer 2020 holiday so canpay monthly. But they look much more expensive than this year (ie same hotel at same time as this year is 50-100% more expensive).
Is this normal & prices drop at some point?
Or are they going to stay at this price?
Is this because of Brexit??

userxx Thu 22-Aug-19 14:45:33

Maybe because the summer has been so rubbish people are looking to get away next year? I'm also looking and hotels are going up by the day! I'm thinking I'll stop now until november or december time.

Ellmau Thu 22-Aug-19 23:08:07

Probably anticipating the pound plunging further after we lurch out without a deal.

HelloClouds Fri 23-Aug-19 11:21:48

Prices have been unusually low this year because uncertainty over Brexit has really slowed down the bookings. Everyone is hoping that next year things will be more certain, so prices will probably return to more normal levels for 2020.
Also the rainy weather will be making people think about somewhere with guaranteed sun for next summer!

GreekOddess Sat 24-Aug-19 07:29:20

2016 we stayed in a lovely hotel in the Canary Islands which cost £3k for the 4 of us for 1 week. The following year it had gone up to £5k!

Holycrapster Sun 25-Aug-19 22:37:48

I agree. We found an Airbnb we liked the look of in Croatia £346 for the week. I booked it..the owner asked me to cancel as he hasn't set his 2020 prices yet. He now has. It's £914!!

zafferana Mon 26-Aug-19 14:31:50

It's because of the uncertainty over Brexit. Holiday companies are having to hedge against currency volatility and the pound is expected to plunge in Oct if we have no deal, so holidays are priced to include that risk.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »