Talk

Advanced search

Where to go July 2020?

(4 Posts)
Satina Wed 21-Aug-19 19:10:39

We plan to go on a big family holiday next year.

Our family unit is 2 adults and 2 DCs who'll be ages 5.5 and 8.5.

We'll also have grandparents - 2 sets in their 50s and great grandparents - in their 70s but quite spritely

I've not been abroad many times and when I look at potential destinations feel really overwhelmed.

It needs to be somewhere hot, but not scorching and have plenty for the kids to do.

Half board or all inclusive or self catering with easy access to lots of good restaurants.

Any recommendations?

I'm hoping not to spend a fortune, although given that we have to go in the last 2 weeks in July, may be tough.

Ideally, our family unit would prefer to pay <3000 (grandparents all paying for themselves)

sleepismysuperpower1 Wed 21-Aug-19 21:43:18

have a look at cyprus. somewhere like this i think would work for you, there is a lidl so you can get a shop delivered and there is easy access to restaurants, the beach and mall. airbnb estimates that for 2 weeks in july it will cost around £1,172 including cleaning x

2catsand2kids Thu 22-Aug-19 07:31:52

I would suggest Lake Garda in Italy, it is absolutely stunning, there is loads to see and do and it isn’t too hot. The only thing you may struggle with is your budget. You can usually get very cheap flights to Milan which is nearby and you could probably get a villa for you all somewhere plus hire cars for that budget. Lots of hotels round there do half board but I’m not sure how expensive that would be given the weak pound.

LifeInAHamsterWheel Thu 22-Aug-19 16:39:18

I don't think you'll get 2 weeks all inclusive high-season for a family of 4 for 3k. You'd get self-catering though, and may well get a better deal if you book the flights and accommodation separately yourself.

We've booked our accommodation for the last 2 weeks of July 2020 in Gran Canaria. We've booked direct with the hotel (well, it's apartments) We've booked a 2 bed apartment and it's just over £1500. We'll book the flights when they come out, probably around Christmas as they tend to be a bit cheaper then but we expect to pay roughly £1300 for them (to include bags and priority boarding etc) So that's less than 3k for a family of 4 but it's self-catering.

You just need to do some research, decide what sort of accommodation you want, check reviews etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »