Talk

Advanced search

Tuscany itinerary help

(2 Posts)
SJane48S Wed 21-Aug-19 18:55:46

I’d go for option 2 I think and have only 3 days in Florence (it is a wonderful city but 3 days should do it!) and have that extra day in Viareggio as your itinerary there looks a bit busy!

CanYouHearThePeopleSing Wed 21-Aug-19 15:49:07

I'm planning to go to Tuscany in October, but can't decide which order to do things in. Seeking advice from wise MNers who can shed some light...

Option 1: Fly to Pisa; go to Viareggio for 4 nights on the coast (visiting Lucca; Cinque Terre and other coastal towns); move to Agroturismo near Siena for 4/5 nights (visiting Siena and other towns/villages around there); move to Florence for 4 nights (to 'do' Florence). Fly back from Florence.

Option 2 is basically the same in reverse - fly to Florence (4 nights); Siena (4/5 nights); Viareggio (4 nights); fly back from Pisa

I'm leaning towards option 2, but wondering if - given we're going at the start of Oct - we'd be better starting on the coast and finishing in a city.

Any thoughts/words of wisdom...??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »