Talk

Advanced search

Hotel in Amsterdam near public transport ( Efteling)

(4 Posts)
BigmouseLittlehouse Tue 20-Aug-19 09:07:55

Hi all

I am going to Efteling with my kids in October half term. We are staying in Efteling for 3 nights but wanted to add 1 (or 2) night in Amsterdam at either the start or end. I was wondering g if anyone has any recommends for hotels in Amsterdam?

I’m flying into Schipol and using public transport so ideally need to be fairly near train/tram ( I’m a single parent so just me and two kids so like to make things as easy as possible!).

Many thanks ( and if anyone has any other advice re Efteling gratefully received!)

Kazzyhoward Tue 20-Aug-19 20:35:41

We went at Easter and stayed in the Holiday Inn at Sloterdijk which is on a direct line from schipol and with a very frequent train/tram service into central Amsterdam, which is just a 5 minute direct train ride away. We'd highly recommend it. Not much around the hotel, but so quick to get to central Amsterdam, so it doesn't matter.

Benes Tue 20-Aug-19 20:43:39

Hotel mansion. I stayed there last week. It's 5min walk from Centraal Station and we found it to be a good base. Some of the rooms are quite small but we hardly spent anytime there but the location was fab. Will definitely stay there again.

BigmouseLittlehouse Tue 20-Aug-19 21:26:40

Thanks both - will take a look at those options.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »